Jetson Tx2 WL_REG_ON enable

Hi,
I connected a wifi card on M.2 E J18 connector in Jetson Tx2 carrier board (having C03 verison).
How do I enable WL_REG_ON signal on that M2.E?
Which dts/dtsi file do I need to enable? Is there any document to understand the lanes/mux details for this?

-JK

Hi,

Have you set the ODMDATA to 0x90000 in p2771-0000.conf.common?

Yes I did.

Does lspci show the device? Which release are you using?

Yest lspci shows the device. I use R32.3.1 release.

Please check if you have this patch

diff --git a/kernel-dts/t18x-common-plugin-manager/tegra186-quill-p3310-1000-a00-plugin-manager.dtsi b/kernel-dts/t18x-common-plugin-manager/tegra186-quill-p3310-1000-a00-plugin-manager.dtsi
index 90f53bf..f69058c 100644
--- a/kernel-dts/t18x-common-plugin-manager/tegra186-quill-p3310-1000-a00-plugin-manager.dtsi
+++ b/kernel-dts/t18x-common-plugin-manager/tegra186-quill-p3310-1000-a00-plugin-manager.dtsi
@@ -302,6 +302,14 @@
 					};
 				};
 			};
+			override@3 {
+				target = <&{/fixed-regulators}>;
+				_overlay_ {
+					regulator@17 {
+						enable-active-high;
+					};
+				};
+			};
 		};

fragment-e3320-dp {

I do not have this patch. But could you please exlain, how this patch helps in this regard, kindly explain with reference to schematic details and how it works? That would help alot

JK

Hi,

If you see you have hardware blocked in rfkill, then you need this patch.

This patch is already merged to latest release.

Some WiFi chip indicating state of hardware RF-Kill switch, which is TCA9539 gpio expander pin 0.
This patch sets w-disable1 line active high for PCIe M.2 connector

Hi Wayne,
I added that patch to my code and with that Patch lspci - does not output anything. So I reverted that patch.

regards,
JK

Hi,

Or maybe you could share the dmesg and rfkill for us to see what is going on.

rfkill
ID TYPE DEVICE SOFT HARD
0 bluetooth bluedroid_pm blocked unblocked
1 wlan phy0 unblocked unblocked

There is no hardware block.Your wifi should work. Could you give dmesg too? What card are you using?
Have you installed vendor driver to make it work?

I have vendor specific driver and card are used. It works 75% time. But at times, the lspci does not list out the device. Thats why I was about to confirm the dtb settings.

Hi,

So this is kind of an issue that only reproduce sometimes? If so, then DTB may not be the problem because you always use the same DTB for test, right?

You should share both the working and non-working log with us. Honestly speaking, we cannot help anything under current info you provided.

Also, this 25% error rate test is on devkit, right? I notice you have many other pcie issue on custom carrier board on other topics.

What’s the pin number of J18 for WL_REG_ON?

All the testing I have done using P3310-C03 carrier boardd dev kit.
Yes I face some pcie issue, like after Jetson Tx2 boots, immediately if I check lspci, it is not showing devices. But after some time I can see.

J18 - Pin number 17 is used for WL_REG_ON.

Yes I face some pcie issue, like after Jetson Tx2 boots, immediately if I check lspci, it is not showing devices. But after some time I can see.

Hi,

I think you should figure out what is the exact problem first and then share the exact symptom. Also, share the kernel log when this error happens.

Pin 17 of J18 is “SDIO_Data2”, please refer to carrier board schematic P2597_C02 in DLC.