Jupyter Lab shows Japanese in the notebooks

Hi,

First time setting up the Jetson Nano and I’ve gotten to [Course]->[Getting Started with AI on Jetson Nano]-> [Setting up your Jetson Nano] → JupyterLab. My notebooks are written in Japanese which I have no clue how to read. I checked the lab&notebook setting but couldn’t find a way out.

Could someone help change the language back to English please?

Thank you very much

Just to provide a bit more context, I have checked the docker container’s locale. To start with, it appears that the built-in container have no locale set because the return of locale is empty. Thus, I have modified the docker run command with locale information passed in. sudo docker run --runtime nvidia -it --rm --network host --volume ~/nvdli-data:/nvdli-nano/data --device /dev/video0 --env LC_ALL=en_CA.UTF-8 --env LANG=en_CA.UTF-8 --env LANGUAGE=en_CA:en nvcr.io/nvidia/dli/dli-nano-ai:v2.0.1-r32.6.1ja is the command used. However, I am still getting Japanese in my notebooks’ markdown.

Hi @x763zhan, can you try using the nvcr.io/nvidia/dli/dli-nano-ai:v2.0.1-r32.6.1 container instead?

That worked! I should have read more into the NGC page, shouldn’t just take the latest and run with it.

OK cool. No worries, that was just the Japanese translation of the DLI course container.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.