Kivy app fails on jetson nano.

I am trying to run kivy app in jetson nano, I have installed all the required libraries as per the documentation.

When I run the app I get this error

[CRITICAL] [Window ] Unable to find any valuable Window provider. Please enable debug logging (e.g. add -d if running from the command line, or change the log level in the config) and re-run your app to identify potential causes
egl_rpi - ImportError: cannot import name ‘bcm’
File “/home/is/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/kivy/core/init.py”, line 63, in core_select_lib
fromlist=[modulename], level=0)
File “/home/is/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/kivy/core/window/window_egl_rpi.py”, line 12, in
from kivy.lib.vidcore_lite import bcm, egl

pygame - ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘pygame’
File “/home/is/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/kivy/core/init.py”, line 63, in core_select_lib
File “/home/is/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/kivy/core/window/window_pygame.py”, line 13, in
import pygame

x11 - ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘kivy.core.window.window_x11’

[CRITICAL] [App ] Unable to get a Window, abort.

I am not able to figure out the issue here. I have installed required sdl lib. Please help.

hello devashish668.

We have similar names lol.

Following this URL, I can execute 'hello world".
https://kivy.org/doc/stable/installation/installation-linux.html#dependencies-with-sdl2

http://deve.sakura.ne.jp/make_robots/2019/06/04/jetson-nano-%e3%81%a7%e3%82%ab%e3%83%ab%e3%83%9e%e3%83%b3%e3%83%95%e3%82%a3%e3%83%ab%e3%82%bf%e4%b8%8d%e8%a6%81%e3%81%ae9%e8%bb%b8%e3%83%95%e3%83%a5%e3%83%bc%e3%82%b8%e3%83%a7%e3%83%b3%e3%82%bb/

Maybe your kivy’s version is old.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kivy-team/kivy
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install python3-kivy
sudo apt-get install kivy-examples

Maybe you will get an error, so add this to the end of this script.

sudo gedit ~/.bashrc

export KIVY_GL_BACKEND=gl
export DBUS_FATAL_WARNINGS=0

Re-open your terminal. And Execute your python script.

This is ‘hello world’ script.

from kivy.app import App
from kivy.uix.label import Label

class IntroKivy(App):
    def build(self):
        return Label(text="Hello, World!")

if __name__ == "__main__":
    IntroKivy().run()

thanks.

devemin

We indeed do. Thanks for the reply,

Actually, I have kivy as near the latest at 1.11.0. It didn’t work with python 3.6, for python 3.5 I was able to make it work (with a few tweaks).

As of now, it’s not decoding the video using GPU, I get “No accelerated colorspace conversion found from yuv420p to rgba.”,
I am gonna recompile FFmpeg from source and try to play with other codecs. As far as I know, x264 doesn’t support HW acceleration.

I hope I will be able to make it work, as the whole purpose of getting into jetson, was utilizing MAXWELL and GPU render options.

If required, I can share the steps I used to fix it for python3.5, please let me know if there is any solution to the pickle I am in

Thanks

Dev

1 Like

Can you share step to overcome this error