libpgbind.so in 12.2

It appears that the library libpgbind.so is not included in the 12.2 Linux distribution. I recompiled my entire code system with the 12.2 release, and the final executable resulted in the warning “/usr/bin/ld: warning: libpgbind.so, needed by /opt/pgi/linux86-64/12.2/libso/libacml_mp.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)” The latest release notes say nothing about removing libpgbind, and the 12.2 UG still references this library, so I assume it should still be included in the 12.2 release.

When trying to run the executable, predictably it fails because it can not find libpgbind.so. I ran “tar ztf pgilinux-122.tar.gz | grep libpgbind.so” and yielded nothing. I also ran “tar ztf pgilinux-1110.tar.gz | grep libpgbind.so” and found the library.

For now, a workaround is to symbolically link libpgbind.so from the 11.10 version into the libso directory of version 12.2.

Hi dsimkins,

Sorry about that. We’ve been working removing all dependencies on libpgbind and hence no longer ship it. However, we missed that the current ACML library still needs it. Once, ACML 5.1 is available, this dependency shall be removed.

Thanks,
Mat