Release highlights since 334.16:
- Added support for the following GPUs:
- GeForce GTX 750 Ti
- GeForce GTX 750
- GeForce GTX 745
- GeForce GTX TITAN Black
- GeForce GT 710
- GeForce 825M
- Fixed a regression in the NVIDIA kernel module which caused it to improperly dereference a userspace pointer. This potential security issue was initially reported to the public at:
<a target='_blank' rel='noopener noreferrer' href='http://forums.grsecurity.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3922'>http://forums.grsecurity.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3922</a>
The regression did not affect NVIDIA GPU drivers before release 334.
- Fixed a bug that could cause OpenGL programs to hang after calling fork(2).
- Fixed a bug that could cause a multi-threaded OpenGL application to crash when one of its threads exits after the application has unloaded libGL.
- Added support for GPUs with VDPAU Feature Set E. See the README for details.
- On GPUs with VDPAU Feature Set E, VDPAU now supports more robust decode error handling at the cost of a minor performance impact. This can be disabled by setting the VDPAU_NVIDIA_DISABLE_ERROR_CONCEALMENT environment variable to 1.
- Added support for application profile rule patterns which are logical operations of subpatterns. See the README for details.
- Added support for a "findfile" application profile feature which allows the driver to apply profiles based on matching files in the same directory as the process executable. See the README for details.
- Fixed a bug that caused nvidia-installer to log the automatically selected answers to some user prompts without logging the prompt text itself, when running in silent mode.
- Improved performance of OpenGL applications when used in conjunction with the X driver's composition pipeline. The composition pipeline may be explicitly enabled by using the ForceCompositionPipeline or ForceFullCompositionPipeline MetaMode options, or implicitly enabled when certain features such as some XRandR transformations, rotation, Warp & Blend, PRIME, and NvFBC are used.
- Fixed a bug that could cause nvidia-settings to crash or display incorrect information after switching virtual terminals while a color correction confirmation countdown was active.
- Improved compatibility with recent Linux kernels.