Release highlights since 337.25:
- Made various improvements and corrections to the information reported to GL applications via the KHR_debug and ARB_debug_output extensions.
- Fixed a bug that caused GLX applications which simultaneously create drawables on multiple X servers to crash when swapping buffers.
- Updated nvidia-settings to report all valid names for each target when querying target types, e.g. `nvidia-settings -q gpus`.
- Added support for controlling the availability of Fast Approximate Antialiasing (FXAA) on a per-application basis via the new __GL_ALLOW_FXAA_USAGE environment variable and the corresponding GLAllowFXAAUsage application profile key. See the README for details.
- Fixed a bug where indirect rendering could become corrupted on system configurations that disallow writing to executable memory.
- Updated the nvidia-settings Makefiles to allow nvidia-settings to be dynamically linked against the host system's libjansson. This option can be enabled by setting the NV_USE_BUNDLED_LIBJANSSON Makefile variable to 0. Please note that nvidia-settings requires libjansson version 2.2 or later.
- Removed the runlevel check from nvidia-installer: the installation problems formerly associated with runlevel 1 no longer apply.
- Added initial support for G-SYNC monitors. Additional details and system requirements can be found at:
<a target='_blank' rel='noopener noreferrer' href='http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/g-sync'>http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/g-sync</a>
- Improved support for running the NVIDIA driver in configurations where writing to executable memory is disallowed. Driver optimizations that require writing to executable memory can be forcefully disabled using the new __GL_WRITE_TEXT_SECTION environment variable. See the README for more details.
- Fixed an X driver bug that caused gamma ramp updates of the green channel at depth 15, on some recent GPUs, to be ignored.
- Fixed a bug that corrupted certain software rendering on 32-bit systems.
- Updated nvidia-bug-report.sh to search the systemd journal for X server logs and messages from the NVIDIA kernel module.