Changes since 331.38:
- Fixed a bug that could cause nvidia-settings to compute incorrect gamma ramps when adjusting the color correction sliders.
- Updated the nvidia-settings control panel to allow the selection of display devices using RandR and target ID names when making queries targeted towards specific display devices.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some dropdown menus in the nvidia-settings control panel from working correctly on older versions of GTK+ (e.g. 2.10.x).
- Updated the nvidia-settings control panel to provide help text for application profile keys and suggestions for valid key names when configuring application profiles.
- Updated the nvidia-settings control panel to populate the dropdown menu of stereo modes with only those modes which are available.
- Fixed a bug that could cause applications using the OpenGL extension ARB_query_buffer_object to crash under Xinerama.
- Fixed a bug that caused high pixelclock HDMI modes (e.g. as used with 4K resolutions) to be erroneously reported as dual-link in the nvidia-settings control panel.
- Fixed a bug that could cause poor stereo synchronization in large multi-monitor setups using 3D Vision, due to failed hardware handshaking on some of the monitors.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some DisplayPort 1.2 displays from being properly restored after a VT switch.
- Renamed per GPU proc directories in /proc/driver/nvidia/gpus/ with GPU's bus location represented in "domain:bus:device.function" format.
- Added 64-bit EGL and OpenGL ES libraries to 64-bit driver prackages.
- Changed format of "Bus Location" field reported in the /proc/driver/nvidia/gpus/0..N/information files from "domain:bus.device.function" to "domain:bus:device.function" to match the lspci format.
- Fixed a bug in the GLX_EXT_buffer_age extension where incorrect ages would be returned unless triple buffering was enabled.
- Updated the NVIDIA X driver to load the NVIDIA kernel module using `nvidia-modprobe`, rather than the XFree86 DDX helper function xf86LoadKernelModule().
- Changed the driver's default behavior to stop deleting RandR 1.2 outputs corresponding to unused DisplayPort 1.2 devices. Deleting these outputs can confuse some applications. Added a new option, DeleteUnusedDP12Displays, which can be used to turn this behavior back on.
This option can be enabled by running
sudo nvidia-xconfig --delete-unused-dp12-displays
- Improved support for the __GL_SYNC_DISPLAY_DEVICE and VDPAU_NVIDIA_SYNC_DISPLAY_DEVICE environment variables in certain configurations. Both environment variables will now recognize all supported display device names. See Appendix C. Display Device Names and Appendix G. VDPAU Support in the README for more details.
- Improved performance of the X driver when handling large numbers of surface allocations.
- Fixed a regression that prevented nvidia-installer from cleaning up directories created as part of the driver installation.
- Added a new X configuration option "InbandStereoSignaling" to enable/disable DisplayPort in-band stereo signaling. See Appendix B. X Config Options in the README for more information.
- Fixed a bug that caused PBO downloads of cube map faces to retrieve incorrect data.
- Fixed a bug in nvidia-installer that resulted in spurious error messages when opting out of installing the NVIDIA kernel module or source files for the kernel module.
- Added experimental support for ARGB GLX visuals when Xinerama and Composite are enabled at the same time on X.Org xserver 1.15.
- Fixed a bug which could sometimes corrupt a newly-created thread's signal mask in multi-threaded applications that load libGL.