Release highlights since 390.12:
- Added support for the following GPUs:
- GeForce GTX 1060 5GB
- Quadro P620
- Fixed a regression introduced in 390.12 that prevented displays from working normally when running multiple X screens with emulated overlays.
- Fixed a regression introduced in 390.12 that caused occasional hangs and hard lockup messages in the system log when screen transformations are in use.
- Fixed a bug which could cause X servers that export a Video Driver ABI earlier than 0.8 to crash when running X11 applications which call XRenderAddTraps().
- Fixed a compatibility problem between the nvidia.ko's Page Attribute Table (PAT) support and the kernel Page Table Isolation (PTI) patches.
To optimize stores to memory, nvidia.ko contains support for configuring the CPU’s PAT registers, as a fallback for Linux kernels that predate kernel native PAT support. On any recent kernel with CONFIG_X86_PAT enabled, the driver will detect that setup has already been done and skip its PAT setup. However, a static inline function called by nvidia.ko’s PAT fallback support was updated in the PTI patches to use the EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL symbol ‘cpu_tlbstate’. nvidia.ko was updated to only contain its PAT fallback support, at build time, on kernels without CONFIG_X86_PAT.