MacOSX missing MPI compiler

I was following the directions here (Install TensorFlow 2) and got to the make step to check the Cuda install and it ran and ran but kept giving me errors (including "xcode-select: error: tool ‘xcodebuild’ requires Xcode, but active developer directory ‘/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools’ is a command line tools instance
“). After a few iterations of this it gave me a No MPI Compiler Found error and later it spit this out:
“””/Developer/NVIDIA/CUDA-8.0/bin/nvcc -ccbin g++ -I…/…/common/inc -m64 -Xcompiler -arch -Xcompiler x86_64 -DUSE_PTHREADS -gencode arch=compute_30,code=sm_30 -gencode arch=compute_35,code=sm_35 -gencode arch=compute_37,code=sm_37 -gencode arch=compute_50,code=sm_50 -gencode arch=compute_52,code=sm_52 -gencode arch=compute_60,code=sm_60 -gencode arch=compute_60,code=compute_60 -o UnifiedMemoryStreams.o -c UnifiedMemoryStreams.cu
UnifiedMemoryStreams.cu(174): warning: missing return statement at end of non-void function “execute”

UnifiedMemoryStreams.cu(174): warning: missing return statement at end of non-void function “execute”

UnifiedMemoryStreams.cu:174:1: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
[-Wreturn-type]
^
1 warning generated.
/Developer/NVIDIA/CUDA-8.0/bin/nvcc -ccbin g++ -m64 -Xcompiler -arch -Xcompiler x86_64 -DUSE_PTHREADS -Xlinker -rpath -Xlinker /Developer/NVIDIA/CUDA-8.0/lib -gencode arch=compute_30,code=sm_30 -gencode arch=compute_35,code=sm_35 -gencode arch=compute_37,code=sm_37 -gencode arch=compute_50,code=sm_50 -gencode arch=compute_52,code=sm_52 -gencode arch=compute_60,code=sm_60 -gencode arch=compute_60,code=compute_60 -o UnifiedMemoryStreams UnifiedMemoryStreams.o -lcublas
mkdir -p …/…/bin/x86_64/darwin/release"“”

I had to ctrl-C it to stop it. Please advise. Thank you

Perhaps you should install MPI on your mac. That has nothing to do with CUDA, or NVIDIA.

Here’s a somewhat old description:

[url]macos - Having Open MPI related issues while making CUDA 5.0 samples (Mac OS X ML) - Stack Overflow

I’m sure there are a great many ways to install MPI on your mac.

The UnifiedMemoryStreams.cu warnings don’t have anything to do with MPI, I don’t think.