Max CUDA ver. supported for SLES 10 & 10.2

I currently have a machine running SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (no service patches) which had CUDA 1.1 installed on it back in late 2007. This was sort of an experiment at work and I got something running, but had to drop it. I’ve got some time again to look at it, but it looks like all the latest and greatest CUDA versions need higher versions of SLES, if they’re even supported at all. I see that CUDA 2.2 supports SLED 10.2, but makes no mention of SLES. Anyone know what the highest versions of CUDA that are supported for SLES 10 (without service patches) or SLES 10.2 (if I made the effort to perform the service updates)?

We’ve run CUDA 2.3 on SLES 10 SP2 and SP3 using the SLED 10.2 version of the toolkit without jumping through hoops. I just started looking into CUDA 3.0, but I suspect I may need to get clever to get it running under SLES 10. When I try to build examples out of the SDK, I’m currently hit with the following:

/apps/cuda-3.0/cuda/lib64/libcudart.so: file not recognized: File format not recognized

Is SLES10.3 supported by CUDA3.0?

cudatest:/usr/local/cuda_sdk/C # make
make[1]: Entering directory /usr/local/cuda_sdk/C/common' make[1]: Leaving directory /usr/local/cuda_sdk/C/common’
make[1]: Entering directory /usr/local/cuda_sdk/C/common' make[1]: Leaving directory /usr/local/cuda_sdk/C/common’
make[1]: Entering directory /usr/local/cuda_sdk/shared' make[1]: Leaving directory /usr/local/cuda_sdk/shared’
make -C src/convolutionFFT2D/
make[1]: Entering directory /usr/local/cuda_sdk/C/src/convolutionFFT2D' /usr/local/cuda/lib64/libcudart.so: file not recognized: File format not recognized collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make[1]: *** [../../bin/linux/release/convolutionFFT2D] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory /usr/local/cuda_sdk/C/src/convolutionFFT2D’
make: *** [src/convolutionFFT2D/Makefile.ph_build] Error 2

We have been struggling with the same error. Has there been a solution for the problem?

Thanks,

Mahmoud

We have been struggling with the same error. Has there been a solution for the problem?

Thanks,

Mahmoud

Any solution for this compatibility issue?

Thanks!