Measure delay of pipeline components using custom probes

My setting:
• Tesla T4
• DeepStream 6.0
• TensorRT 8.0.1.6
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version: 470.63.01
This question has been asked previously. I just really needed help on this, if anyone can help I would appreciate it.
I would like to set my tracing probes to calculate delay for several data pipeline components.
I am running a basic deepstream-app. And would like to get the delay for it.
Could you please guide me on where would you suggest setting my probes to calculate delay properly?

I believe the deepstream-app runs the following components:

1. src_bin_muxer;
  2. primary_gie;
  3. tiled_display_tiler;
  4. osd_conv;
  5. nvosd0.

I needed this for the project. The deadline is coming at the end of this week. So I would appreciate any help.

PS. I read following:
“You can insert a probe on sink pad of the decoder, measure the time at which input buffer arrives. Insert another probe on sink pad of the sink component and measure the time at which output buffer arrives corresponding to the input buffer . Time difference between these two will give you the latency of the buffer.”

Can anyone elaborate on this part. Thank you

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue anymore. Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one. Thanks

1. there already is a measure delay meothod. plesse refer to measure delay .
  2. if you still want to use custom probe, you can add a probe function on one plugin’s sink pad and save the incoming time of the buffers, then add a probe function on the plguin 's src pad and save the outcoming time of the buffers, time difference should be this plugin 's delay time.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.