MicroSD not detected on Xavier Nx Production

Hi,

Firstly, I know that there are several very similar topics in the forum, and it’s very possible that this topic is redundant, if so - apologies.
That being said, it seemed to me that none of the existing MicroSD topics exactly suited my situation, and I didn’t find a solution which solved my problem.

I am using the AAEON-8250AI Jetson Xavier Nx , which came flashed from the provider.

System info:

aaeon@aaeon-desktop:~$ uname -a
Linux aaeon-desktop 4.9.140-tegra #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Oct 27 21:02:46 PDT 2020 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

aaeon@aaeon-desktop:~$ dmesg -T
[Sun Jan 17 18:49:38 2021] Linux version 4.9.140-tegra (buildbrain@mobile-u64-4294) (gcc version 7.3.1 20180425 [linaro-7.3-2018.05 revision d29120a424ecfbc167ef90065c0eeb7f91977701] (Linaro GCC 7.3-2018.05) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Oct 27 21:02:46 PDT 2020

aaeon@aaeon-desktop:~$ cat /etc/nv_tegra_release
# R32 (release), REVISION: 4.4, GCID: 23942405, BOARD: t186ref, EABI: aarch64, DATE: Fri Oct 16 19:37:08 UTC 2020

The jtop application says Jetpack version is: 4.4.1 [L4T 32.4.4]

As of last Tursday, I was using a 64GB Micro SD card in the Jetson, which was being auto-mounted via /etc/fstab.
This is the fstab entry that was successfully mounting the SD card:

UUID=2ef05944-2e9d-4053-bd7f-4bde7c326886 /mnt/NxSD64GB/       ext4    errors=remount-ro,auto,rw,user,exec 0       0

Last Thursday I rebooted the device, and all of a sudden the MicroSD device disappeared (and, obviously, the auto-mount fails - I had to remove the line from fstab).
lsblk, fdisk -l, df -h - none of these commands show the MicroSD device.

Following a suggestion in another topic I ran the command:

dtc -I fs -O dts -o /tmp/extracted.dts /proc/device-tree

Here is the output:
extracted.dts (246.5 KB)

Indeed sdmmc3 has status = "disabled", but I’m unclear how I can change that.
There is no flash.sh script on my Jetson.
There doesn’t seem to be any Linux_for_Tegra directory anywhere on my Jetson.

Side note:
There is an additional problem, which has started at the same time, but I don’t know if it’s related.
Since the same reboot which disappeared the MicroSD device, I am unable to start a GUI session (see image below). I am only able to connect via a virtual console (i.e: ctrl + alt + f2)

Thanks,
Tuval

In case it helps, here’s the full dmesg output:
dmesg (87.8 KB)

I can see in the dmesg that sdmmc1 is disabled (sdmmc3 doesn’t appear in the output):

[Sun Jan 17 19:13:22 2021] vdd-sdmmc1-sw: disabling

Hi,

I don’t get what is the exact problem.

I am using the AAEON-8250AI Jetson Xavier Nx , which came flashed from the provider.

Ok, so this is a customer carrier board.

Last Thursday I rebooted the device, and all of a sudden the MicroSD device disappeared (and, obviously, the auto-mount fails - I had to remove the line from fstab).
lsblk, fdisk -l, df -h - none of these commands show the MicroSD device.

Did you remember what you have done?

Indeed sdmmc3 has status = "disabled" , but I’m unclear how I can change that.
There is no flash.sh script on my Jetson.
There doesn’t seem to be any Linux_for_Tegra directory anywhere on my Jetson.

flash.sh and Linux_for_Tegra are all downloaded by sdkmanager when you flash your board. It is installed on a ubuntu host. and not on jetson. Everyone uses custom carrier board or non-sdcard based module should know that. Thus my question … how it is possible that you don’t know how to use flash.sh but you are using a custom jetson NX? How did you flash this AAEON-8250AI?

I just saw you said the board was flashed by vendor.

Thus, just let you know more about this issue.

If this is custom carrier board from some vendors, then it is not you should enable something in device tree. The vendor should be the one provides a device tree to you.

What you should do now is download the package provided by the vendor and follow their guidance to flash your board again.

They share that on their page.

Indeed, I got the image and a custom flash script from the vender (AAEON), and it solved the problem.

Thanks.