Migration : IsaacGym to IsaacSim

Hi. I worked on IsaacGym, but I’m considering migration to IsaacGym.

Is there a migration tool/SDK that supports the original IssacGym code?
For example, how can I make joint_monkey.py work on the IsaacSim without/with minimal modification?

Hi @PARKBONG ,

We do not have a tool for migrating code from IsaacGym to IssacSim. Ultimately, they are two separate applications that will require some modification to go from one to the other. However, we’ve tried to make the APIs similar in nature and the majority of logic in your current code should be able to remain the same. We’ve also summarized some subtle differences between IsaacGym and IsaacSim to help make the transition smoother. Please check out 3. Transferring Policies from Isaac Gym Preview Releases — Omniverse Robotics documentation.

You can also take a look at the set of RL examples available for IsaacSim: GitHub - NVIDIA-Omniverse/OmniIsaacGymEnvs: Reinforcement Learning Environments for Omniverse Isaac Gym. This repo is set up to be similar in structure with IsaacGymEnvs for IsaacGym and may give you a better idea of the differences between the two frameworks.

Hi @ kellyg,

The transferring tutorial link you have shared above appears to be broken. Could you please upload a new one?

Here’s the updated link: 9.5. Transferring Policies from Isaac Gym Preview Releases — Omniverse IsaacSim latest documentation