Minecraft Java MultiMC5 CUSTOM BUILD Script

I just wanted to highlight the work I’ve done to make running Minecraft Java Edition (all versions) run on ARMhf/ARM64 Linux (including Jetson Nano, Xavier, etc)

Users can run the MultiMC install script from the L4T-Megascript or pi-apps

The install script from the L4T-Megascript is recommended as it has an automatic mod installation function (installs Sodium, Lithium, Starlight and other Fabric mods for performance) but any mods can be used as with a normal MultiMC5 installation. Java 8/11/16/17 are automatically installed as part of the script and everything “just works”

You can install directly from the terminal by running this command:

bash <( curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/cobalt2727/L4T-Megascript/master/helper.sh ) "scripts/games_and_emulators/minecraft_java_multimc.sh"

More information on my custom meta-multimc repo with custom ARMhf/ARM64 builds of LWJGL2/3 for minecraft java can be found here: GitHub - theofficialgman/meta-multimc: Auto Updating (cross-fingers) for MultiMC Minecraft package metadata for ARM64 and ARMhf Linux. Use the master-clean branch for ARM64 and master-clean-arm32 for ARMhf. A full project description and README is in the update_auto branch

1 Like

for any users that come across this in the future, I have also developed and ported additional minecraft java launchers.

Prism Launcher and GDLauncher for ARM32/ARM64 are available in Pi-Apps

these builds will work on Debian Buster and Ubuntu Bionic or newer distros.

My ports have been run on a wide variety of hardware including:

• Nvidia Jetson TX1, Jetson Nano, Jetson Xavier NX, Jetson Orin Devkit
  • Raspberry Pi 3 and 4
  • Pinebook Pro and Pinephone Pro
  • Phytium D2000 Mini PC Desktop
  • OnePlus 6 running Arch Linux ARM
  • Apple M1 Pro running Asahi Linux
1 Like

(10 chunks 1080p)

(32 chunks 1080p)

and just an update on the current standing still performance(32

1 Like

Your work on making Minecraft Java Edition run smoothly on armhf/arm64 linux is impressive! It’s great that users can easily install multimc with the l4t-megascript or pi-apps, especially with the automatic mod installation function for enhanced performance. Having Java 8/11/16/17 automatically installed is a nice touch, making the whole process seamless

I do not expect this part of the script to work any longer. minecraft-mod-manager which was used to install the mods in MultiMC5 through the startup script is unmaintained for a few years and was not functioning on the last version that I tested before giving up on that functionality. Additionally, the custom armhf/arm64 multimc meta repo is permanently stuck on whatever versions of minecraft were available as of Sep 2, 2023. It will not be updated further due to upstream MultiMC changes.

Luckily I was able, a few years ago now, to get ARMhf/ARM64 Linux support integrated into upstream Prism Launcher which is now my recommendation. It doesn’t have automatic mod installation, which was temperamental at best, but it has a great mod/modpack management builtin for all the popular mod hosts. Users can install Prism Launcher from pi-apps Prism Launcher - Download Prism Launcher for Linux

Speaking of mods, if anyone is looking for a cool mod to try, check out guns mod. This mod adds a variety of guns and other weapons to Minecraft, perfect for those looking to add some firepower to their game!