Mix license on single RTX card 6000

Dear All,

I plan to setup VDI system with vmware horizon for 30 users (5 for design and 25 for normal office). I use single RTX 6000 card, so can i buy 5 vWDS and 25 vPC for license mixing? If can not mix license like that, I have to mix type of cards on same server (1 RTX card for vWDS and 1 M10 card for vPC)?

Thank You for your help!

Hi

You can’t mix licenses / profiles on the same GPU. So run your high-end users on a single RTX 6000 and your other users on a more appropriate GPU, maybe an M10 or 2x T4.

Regards

MG

Dear Sir,

Thank for your responding. So that mean we can mix 2 type of physical card on the same server? Or have to install 2 same cards on same server then assign license (vPC, vDWS) to each card?

Outlook-gdsk0g5l.png

Hi

You should be installing the same type of GPU in a single server. Mixing different types of GPU in the same server is not supported.

You can run different vGPU license types for each GPU within the same server. For example, the first GPU could run RTX vWS (formerly QvDWS). The second GPU could run vPC, and so on … depending on how many GPUs are installed.

However, this design is still not optimal, as high-end users and standard users require different types of CPU and other technologies due to their workloads, so bundling mixed workloads on the same server is definitely sub-optimal, however it is clearly possible. If budget allows, the workloads should be split out to run on more focused types of hardware.

Hope that makes sense.

Regards

MG

Dear Support Team,

Thank your very much for your supporting.

Outlook-gdsk0g5l.png