License for share GPU in 3 Linux VM at the same time

Hi all,

I want to share the GPU between 3 Ubuntu VM concurrently. I want to know which type of license I need for this purpose.
Right now I have one Quadro vDWS license with one vSphere 7 Enterprise Plus.

Regards,
Ashkan

Hi

If you want to use 3 VMs concurrently, then you’ll need 3 licenses. The type of license will depend on the workload you’re running.

If you only use 1 VM at a time, then you only need 1 license. Note that the other 2 VMs will need to be powered off, as the license is allocated when the VM starts, not when the user logs in.

Regards

MG

Thank you for your response, could you please tell me where can I find the list of license based on the workload?

Regards,
Ashkan

Hi

The best reference I can give you is here: https://docs.nvidia.com/grid/11.0/grid-vgpu-user-guide/index.html#virtual-gpu-types-grid-reference

You’ll need to assess your environment and the workload you’ll be running. I assume you already know what your application requirements are, because you’ve already installed it. Then make the appropriate choice regarding the vGPU license or how you’d like to use the platform.

QvDWS covers everything, so using the license you already have, you can experiment with different workloads and configurations and workout what you need. Or you can just purchase 2 more QvDWS licenses knowing that you’ll be covered for any workload, or you can just have 1 VM powered on at any one time and continue as you are. But there’s lots of information in the link I sent you that should point you in the right direction.

Regards

MG