Nano Bluetooth

I was able to install pulse audio bluetooth module. But cannot get to the control file to remove A2DP. Any hints?

I got it working. I tried many thing about to weeks ago but it dint work. Today i just ran:

sudo apt install pulseaudio pulseaudio-utils pavucontrol pulseaudio-module-bluetooth

rebooted and it now works perfectly. I found the command here:

Entered sudo apt install pulseaudio pulseaudio-utils pavucontrol pulseaudio-module-bluetooth
restarted ā€¦it still insā€™t working !!!

Set up bluetooth speaker from scratchā€¦it went through the same pairing operation received a beep in the speaker but it did not connect. Went to the bluetooth control and turned on the speaker ā€¦a little padlock showed up next to the bluetooth symbol and was there for 3 seconds and then disappearedā€¦

Zero progress

Linux audio has always been half a disaster unless youā€™re pratcially a kernel developer and know what the various constantly changing subsystems are doing. Bluetooth is another disaster of itā€™s own on every platform, so the intersection of these things is not good. Almost nobody gets it right. Bluetooth really only works well on Linux with hid devices like mice, keyboards, and gamepads. Audio works nowhere well except maybe Android, and even then I have constant bluetooth bugs in my car.

Bluetooth audio is broken on my Ubuntu laptop, and Iā€™ve using an Intel chipset very similar to yours(8260NGW). There are few known working, good, out of the box configurations for bluetooth audio on linux. Raspberry Pi suposedly has some support, but i wouldnā€™t bet on this working well either. Iā€™m not saying this to discourage you, but to warn you that the issue youā€™re trying to solve is not an easy one and you may not want to frustrate yourself unnecessarily unless you absolutely need bluetooth audio to work.

I used the above command and edited the file to remove a2dp from the exclusion list and had similar results to bell. The bluetooth icon in the title bar will open to allow the speaker to be enabled and disabled. It would stay lit for a second or so and go out. I went into bluetooth and unpaired the speaker then paired it again and it worked. There was probably a reboot in there too. A2dp is the high fidelity profile and is disabled by default in Jetson Nano config file that is mentioned above.

is there any way to get audio out of the Nano? Canā€™t imagine an AI machine without some audio access. At least the Raspberry PI has a 3.5 jack.

HDMI and display port both work out of the box. Most monitors have 3.5mm jacks or speakers built in. Thatā€™s prob the easiest solution I can suggest.

I suspect Nvidia didnā€™t include a 3.5mm jack because of a lack of demand and it increases cost (dac and other parts).

One thing I forgot is that you have to go into system settings sound and select the bluetooth device. HDMI is selected by default.

Ok since i did many things when i first tried to fix it i started again because i was curious. On a fresh image i did:

sudo apt install pulseaudio pulseaudio-utils pavucontrol pulseaudio-module-bluetooth

and removed ā€œ,a2dpā€ from

/etc/systemd/system/bluetooth.target.wants/bluetooth.service

and it didnā€™t fix it.

i then ran

sudo apt-get upgrade

and it started working!

Great so that is three that are working.

I also did a sudo apt-get upgrade after a sudo apt-get update early on. It is just about automatic with me working with a Debian Linux based system right after an install.

Hello!

Yes there is no on-board audio codec, however, we have tested some audio cards that can be connected to the 40-pin expansion header, such as the following that will work ā€¦

https://fe-pi.com/products/fe-pi-audio-z-v2

To use the above, the device-tree for Nano needs some customisation, but we can assist with that.

Regards,
Jon

Jon,

Thank you I have given up on the bluetooth research/frustration. Using HDMI audio.

Thatā€™s a perfectly valid option. I have my bluetooth speaker plugged in via 3.5mm cable to my workstation (Also Ubuntu 18 and 8265) rather than deal with that mess, and itā€™s better quality.

And even if you do get it to work, the audio is going to lag behind the video noticably so watching any video is straight out. Youā€™re saving your sanity, trust me. HDMI/dp audio tends to be pretty reliable on linux.

Hi,
I am lucky enough to get the blueteeth audio work in nano.
just run the follows

sudo apt update
sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/bluetooth.target.wants/bluetooth.service

and then chage

ExecStart=/usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd -d --noplugin=audio,a2dp,avrcp

into

ExecStart=/usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd -d --noplugin=audio,avrcp

reboot, then enjoy.

2 Likes

How do you get to the file ExecStart=ā€¦?

this file is located at /etc/systemd/system/bluetooth.target.wants/bluetooth.service

I can confirm this approach is working approach. One thing i just want to mention is when you add bluetooth devices, please add it as Headphones, headset and other audio devices. It will work for you for certain.

Ugh, this is very frustrating. I want to experiment with some real-time 3D audio localization over headphones and I can only get mono from the bluetooth headphones. I have installed the Intel 8265NGW which is working correctly, just can not get any decent audio.

Sadly an audio card or the HDMI is not an option as the prototype is suppose to be carried. Seems like a huge oversight on NVIDIAā€™s part.

Anyone actually have crisp stereo audio coming out of their bluetooth headset?

UPDATE:
No matter what I do, I am not able to set the card profile to ā€˜a2dp_sinkā€™ for the headphones.

index: 6
	name: <bluez_card.00_12_D0_00_E1_B9>
	driver: <module-bluez5-device.c>
	owner module: 33
	properties:
		device.description = "EP650"
		device.string = "00:12:D0:00:E1:B9"
		device.api = "bluez"
		device.class = "sound"
		device.bus = "bluetooth"
		device.form_factor = "headset"
		bluez.path = "/org/bluez/hci0/dev_00_12_D0_00_E1_B9"
		bluez.class = "0x240404"
		bluez.alias = "EP650"
		device.icon_name = "audio-headset-bluetooth"
		device.intended_roles = "phone"
	profiles:
		headset_head_unit: Headset Head Unit (HSP/HFP) (priority 30, available: unknown)
		a2dp_sink: High Fidelity Playback (A2DP Sink) (priority 40, available: no)
		off: Off (priority 0, available: yes)
	active profile: <off>
	ports:
		headset-output: Headset (priority 0, latency offset 0 usec, available: unknown)
			properties:

headset-input: Headset (priority 0, latency offset 0 usec, available: unknown)
			properties:

Cheers,
Bryan

Hi

pls refer to topic
[url]https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1058021/jetson-nano/bluetooth-ble-on-nano/post/5368429/#5368429[/url]

Hi!

I connected the FE-PI AUDIO Z V2 to JETSON nano according to the scheme https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Iw7GrAjGT_NWdJV2VaM2NrUWs/view

What needs to be done to make the sound card work in the system?

Thanks!