jetson nano not booting

I got a jetson nano and following the instructions the device didn’t want to boot, sometimes this connector give troubles so I removed the nano and put it back and then start to boot, but then never complete the booting process, I share a link with the video of the booting problem, and a capture of the serial output.

In advance, I checked the power supply, changed the sdcard several times and used linux and windows to install the images on those sdcards, also downloaded the image 3 times with the same results.

Any help is welcome.

Regards,

JP

I faced the same problem too, any help?

I have similar problems with one out of three Jetson Nanos. My nano hangs right on startup.

First it helped to reset the Nano during boot or startup. For that you have to jumper the reset pin on header J40 for a short time.

Also it is worth a try to disable auto boot (J40) and power on the system by shorting the on pins(J40).

Beside that had worked for me, it seems to be a hardware defect.

In my case it could be a problem with the auto power off/on cycle. Moreover it doesn’t cut the power from my peripherals off after shutting down the system.

Anyway that Nano will go back to the supplier!

Edit: Because your system boots so far, I could imagine that your image isnt’t burned properly. When you flash your SD Card under Linux. Try after flashing to execute

sudo sync

it makes sure the writing buffer is flushed.

Hi:

My Nano cannot boot properly neither.
When I plug in the micro-USB power, the green LED is on and then I can see the nVidia logo on my monitor.
After several seconds, the nVidia logo disappears, the green LED is off.
Then nothing happens more.

I checked the log from the UART port,
Nano stops randomly.

Can somebody help?

Pls see my boot-log.
fail.txt (52.7 KB)

1 Like

If the green LED is turning off, it seems likely related to the power supply not being able to deliver enough current without the voltage dropping.

It’s recommended to trying a more stable power supply, like those mentioned from this thread: [url]https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1048640/jetson-nano/power-supply-considerations-for-jetson-nano-developer-kit/[/url]

For me the led light remain on, also I’m using a laboratory power supply and checked the stability with an oscilloscope and no problem at all.

Also tried with the J40 reset and same results.

JP

Hi JP, can you try setting your lab power supply to 5.2V? Many USB power adapters actually supply 5.2V. Depending on the voltage drop from the cable, it may be better at 5.2V. Let us know if this helps.

Also, if your green LED light is remaining on, are you losing the display? Do you get video from the display initially? If so, whereabouts during the boot process does the video drop out?

AS soon get to the lab will make the test with 5.2V.

The video display as the youtube link shows and I lose the video as soon the CPU stops as you can see in the booting serial output, the last line is where the video stops.

I’ll make another video to clarify all.

JP

Hi HelloKittyWorld, can you let us know which peripherals you have plugged into your USB ports?

Which Micro-USB power adapter are you using? You may want to see this thread with the recommended ones.

Hi:

Thanks for your reply.
I’m using a AC-USB5V adapter, 5V=2A.
After several try, It works now.

What I did is replacing the micro-USB cable, a more expensive one.
Then it works.

It seems the related to the power quality too.

I did raise the voltage level a bit up to 5.2V and the JN (Jetson Nano) could continue with the booting a while, but fail again, then I rise it up to 5.4V and almost boot, then I bought a 5V 3A wall power supply and then the board boot properly, not sure it is a power supply regulation problem or definitely you need more capacitors around (first one I think), also quite hot at first boot, I guess doing some Linux setup stuff (also very unresponsive), but after a reboot looks good now, anyway I feel is too hot in idle, so, if I have another problem with the board I’ll let you know, but now boot and with that I can continue my job, thanks for the help guys !!

JP

I am using 5 Volt 3A USB power supply. I cannot rise into 5.4 volt. At the board said max 5 Volt 4 A.

My Logitech K120 keyboard LEDs do not work. Screen blanks.

Is there any work around?
Thank you.

Suryadi

I’m having a non-boot problem as well. Flashed on both linux and windows (using etcher). Power is the Raspberry Pi 5.1V 2.5A power supply. I have the mouse and keyboard plugged in via USB and the display via HDMI. I’ve tried several displays with both HDMI and Display Port connections. Green light comes on at power up, but no display on any screen I’ve tried. I’ve heard that nano’s are picky about HDMI, but these displays work on TX2’s. Any help is appreciated.

1 Like

I’m having a non-boot problem as well. Flashed on both linux and windows (using etcher). Power is the Raspberry Pi 5.1V 2.5A power supply. I have the mouse and keyboard plugged in via USB and the display via HDMI. I’ve tried several displays with both HDMI and Display Port connections. Green light comes on at power up, but no display on any screen I’ve tried. I’ve heard that nano’s are picky about HDMI, but these displays work on TX2’s. Any help is appreciated.

Dear Administrator

I met with the similar problem. After I successfully etcher the nano image into SanDisk SD Card, I put the microUSB into Jack of the Jetson Nano. However, the green light(LED) only lasted for 9 seconds, then the green light disappeared and the nano could not be opened. The USB lines include Nvidia TX2 line, BOSE(BOSE Acoustics) 2.8 AMG line. The power supply inlcudes Samsung 5V/2A, Huawei 5V/2A, Xiaomi 5V/2A.

So what’s wrong with the power supply. I saw that a lot of developers experienced the pains on the web. Can you give an easy solution to solve the issue.

By the way, it will be much better for developers if Nvidia ships Jetson Nano with Power Supply. It can erase the unnecessary troubles. Jetson TX2 has no such a trouble.

Best regards

Mike

My jetson Nano wont boot problem is solved by using a power supply with 5V/ 4A and i put a connector at J48 to bypass supply from USB port 5V/2A.

Suryadi

After adopting a connector at J48 and Power Supply with 5V/4A, my Jeton nano still lighted for 9 seconds each time. It could not be booted. I used either the system on SanDisk Card with the Jetpack Image by either Mac or Windows Etcher version. The Ubunto-versoin etcher failed to make a system on SanDisk Card. Please give a solution.

Thanks,

Mike

That did the trick for me, too! It was my micro-USB cable that was causing issues during boot!!

I am using jetson nano , it stuck on startup , we tried many time but the issue remain same , kindly resolve our issue or refund for that product
thanks