Nvidia nano jetson boot but dont start

i buy nvidia nano jetson in amazon and follown the steps

32 gb micro sd card class U10
i use sd card format and ether the last version
i use 5V/2MP charger (original charger recomendt for nvidia)
let it is turn green

whent the system boot i see this message

imx2019 6-0010 imx2019 board setup error during
imx2019 6-0010 imx2019 board setup failed
not writing thorugh dangling symlink etc/resolv.conf

Please go through other forum topics for the debug method first.

please help to me

Hi esmerlinmoramarque,

i use 5V/2MP charger (original charger recomendt for nvidia)
Which one you used? Have you referred to below thread?
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1048640/jetson-nano/power-supply-considerations-for-jetson-nano-developer-kit/

Could you also try with another USB cable? It seems the related to the power quality.
Some developers replaced the micro-USB cable, a more expensive one.
Then it works.

look i use this
[UL Listed] GeeekPi Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ (B Plus) Power Supply Micro USB with ON/Off Switch 5V 2.5A US Plug Charger Power Adapter for Raspberry Pi 3/2 Model B & Retroflag NESPI CASE Plus

the problem is not the charger because the board boo up the problem it is the image os i resolve the problem please tell to developer the big problem whit the last update of you os because all people have the same problem can’t fix

i upload the mi modific version of os whit the problem solver later

i think the nvida support don’t understand my problem

I have the exact same issue as in the ops post with the latest SD Card image jetson-nano-sd-r32.2-2019-07-16.zip. If I wait long enough it tries to continue boot but fails to load kernel modules and a few other things. Eventually the screen is 90% cleared (a few characters are still left showing from boot) and some time after the Nano reboots.

Flashing the old r32.1 image makes the Nano boot normally so I’m not sure why the newest release dosn’t work.

Yeah the last version of software don’t work property and have this problem now i use the version
jetson-nano-sd-r32.1-2019-03-18 like you say and book perfectly

Hi,

May I know how many test items have you checked?

It sounds like below result to me. Could you confirm?

1. rel-32.2 sdcard image → NG
  2. rel-32.2 sdkmanager ->???
  3. rel-32.1 sdcard image → OK
  4. rel-32.1 sdkmanager → ???

If there is a boot issue, please try to get the uart log for us to check. thanks!

Hi eivinn,

The latest r32.2 is working on Jetson-Nano with using Etcher tool, sdkmanager or flash by manually.
List 3 method for you testing:
[Etcher]

1. Download sdcard image from: https://developer.nvidia.com/jetson-nano-sd-card-image-r322
  2. Unzip the file
  3. Using Etcher tool and select “sd-blob-b01.img” to start Flash!

[SDKmanager]

1. Download the latest sdkmanager-0.9.13: NVIDIA SDK Manager | NVIDIA Developer
  2. Run “sdkmanager” and select Jetson-Nano target board to start Flash!

[Flash by manually]

1. If you have using sdkmanager to download the image, go to below path:
    /home//nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_4.2.1_Linux_GA_P3448/Linux_for_Tegra/
  2. Flash command:
    $ sudo ./flash jetson-nano-qspi-sd mmcblk0p1

So far I’ve tried the Etcher and manual flash method. I’ll see if I can get hold of a serial interface and check for boot logs that might shed some light on this.

Hello All,

I have a similar issue on Jetson Nano. I’m getting “Started Update UTMP about System Runlevel Changes” at the boot screen. Could you share with me your solutions suggestions about the issue?

It was work clearly but when i start plug in the power, the terminal didn’t open. After this situation, i reboot the device and then i saw this issue.

I’m using 5V,4A powersupply & 32GB Micro SD card
jetson-nano-sd-r32.2-2019-07-16.zip

And i’m new for linux world :) can you describe to me how can i get uart log?

Thanks in advance…

dorukcapraz,

Could you file a new topic for your issue? I would like to investigate it in detail. Thanks.

jetson-nano-sd-r32.2-2019-07-16.zip dont’t work propery in jetson nano

@erlinmoramarquez

Please try to see if sdkmanager can help for your case.
If you cannot use sdkmanager but only the etcher, please share the boot up log from uart for us.

For all delevelooper of nvidia sdkmanager don’t fix the problem you need to check the last version of you last os because the problem its persits later i unload new guide whit instrution how to fix all problem whit this issue

Hello good morning use this image vertion it is works for me
jetson-nano-sd-r32.1-2019-03-18

Thank you esmerlinmoramarque,

I will try it and if i face again same issue i will inform the forum :)

Have a nice work…

SD Card should be formatted via SDCard Formatter or SDKManager do it automatically?
Thanks…

Hi dorukcapraz,

SDKManager will format SDcard automatically.
Can you install via SDKManager success?

If your sdcard can’t be detected by sdkmanager, please try format by manually:

$ sudo mkfs.ext4 /dev/sdx