jetson nano not booting

I think each person has different case. Some users don’t know they need a HDMI monitor to configure the ubuntu account in their first boot. Others don’t use the correct power supply.

Please make sure you have all these setup. If you still hit error, please share the boot log with us.

Hello.
I followed all the instruction to flash the sd-card (in windows) successfully. I have RaspberryPI 5v-2.5A micro-usb power supply. At the boot, I see Nvidia logo on the screen but after few seconds screen goes blank. Power light is still green and ethernet cable is showing activity. The device heat-sink is warm. But no output, I am stuck. Any help is appreciated. BTW. can someone explain how to get serial output log?

Thanks.
Azhar

Hi,

same problem here. No signs of booting at all:

1. burned the image twice with Etcher on Mac (never any problems with that before)
  2. insert sd card into nano
  3. plugged in hdmi (never any problems with that before, except jetson tx2 which required to remove plug during booting)
  4. plugged usb keyboard & mouse (never any problems with that before, even with jetson tx2)
  5. power over powerbank 5V==4A, green light comes up stable (never any problems with that before)

Tried booting without any peripherals plugged in at and just after 20s plugged in hdmi (helped with jetson tx2). Same result.

Now, I’m running out ideas.
Ideas?

Update:
Got it running by

1. changing vga2hdmi into pure hdmi display (although it works on jetson tx2)
  2. just plug in hdmi and power on (User Manual - RAVPower), no usb keyboard and mouse
  3. plugin usb keyboard & mouse after initial screen showing up

For your comparison

1. google coral board:booting setting up live camera feed demos → 1 hour
  2. NVIDIA Jetson Nano: booting up - NO DEMOS so far → 4 hours

Hello moderator. How can I get boot log to share on this forum?

Thanks.
Azhar

Hi Azhar,

Please see this topic: Attaching Files to Forum Topics/Posts

Best,
Tom

I understood the question more on how to actually prepare the attachment with the boot log itself.
Would be interesting for me, as well.

Hello moderator.
Thanks for the reply. However, I wanted to know how/where to get the boot log? As I mentioned before, I only see the nVidia logo (splash screen). The device is not booting.

Azhar

Hi Azhar,

Sorry, I misunderstood your question. I am not the best person to answer this. Let me see if I can find a Nano expert for you.

Best,
Tom
Devtalk Community Manager

Take the booting process from the serial port or use the dmesg command as root (or use sudo).

But I dont see any serial port on the board.

There you go:

1 Like

[mistake]

here is the images of last output
image 1
[url]https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Lxh9bvY33JtEOXM7sL1TgH35cKW1kbX5[/url]

image 2
[url]https://drive.google.com/open?id=14cjzWQ6YwzO1wOzbrPL205CnMQ90sSOY[/url]

moniter image
moniter is HP and there is no video adapters
[url]https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-1RtVXuMGjTfClae6xWlmoEGInKFwida[/url]

I can confirm similar behaviour. The board seems currently very unstable:

1. power supply working, is: a. Apple usb-plug with short cable and b. powerbank (see link in my post above)
  2. I got the imagenet-camera example working, see Getting started with the NVIDIA Jetson Nano - PyImageSearch
    but
  3. The board crashes regularly and gets very hot!
  4. Sometimes for booting I need to remove all usb devices like keyboard, mouse etc.

I will switch back to coralboard for the time being and wait for updates fixing this.

Could you follow up the video in jcordovaech’s comment and try to dump the kernel log?

Hi, I have similar problem, but still no solution.

Supply : 5.14V @ 3A adaptor
uSD : SONY HC, 16GB
Image : jetson-nano-sd-r32.1-2019-03-18

case 1 : Auto boot mode
Status : nVidia splaash (Logo) screen stuck on HDMI display. No LED turn on at mouse and keyboard looks like no power

case 2 : manual boot
Power on LED at the near of J28 turn on but off after several seconds.

Voltage level at J41
pin 1 : 3.309V
pin 2 : 5.09V

I’ve tried to find the schematic of carrier board but no there. Could you provide it helpful for troubleshooting ?

Did you read the power guide of this document?

Yes, do you think my adapter is not enough to supply Nano ? It is same with 2A micro USB supply.

By the way, could you explain the reason why LED on mouse and keyboard not turned on ? Is there any power switch on the carrier board ?

Hi moderator.
Thanks for the video link. I am trying to find ttl-to-usb connector at my place. I will update you as soon as I am able to get the boot log.

Someone has already shared boot screen. Any update to what is preventing nano to boot?

Btw, I used this Serial to USB board, the pinout fits perfect for the nano.

Regards,

JP