Nano samples won't build

The Jetson Nano provides a number of examples though I have been unable to get any to make or execute, e.g., marchingCubes in /usr/local/cuda-10.0/samples/2_Graphics. What do I need to do to get these to run? Anything I need to install on the Nano or pathes to set. THX

Hi,

Could you share the error you meet with us?
Is it an authority issue? If yes, you can copy the sample to the ${HOME} directory first.

$ /usr/local/cuda-10.0/bin/cuda-install-samples-10.0.sh .
$ cd NVIDIA_CUDA-10.0_Samples/
$ make

Thanks.

Thanks. I had found and applied: $ /usr/local/cuda-10.0/bin/cuda-install-samples-10.0.sh .

However, I found that the new directory had root ownership. So I executed “chown -R myusername Examples”. Had to change both user and group to my user name. Then I could use make for each example.

Didn’t realize I could execute make in the copied NVIDIA_CUDA-10.0_Samples/ directory. Doing that now and seems to be working.

Note that much earlier I found a web page that indicated I had to set new entries in the PATH:

1. export PATH=${PATH}:/usr/local/cuda/bin
  2. export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:/usr/local/cuda/lib64

This was required to get a simple CUDA program example from An Even Easier Introduction to CUDA | NVIDIA Technical Blog to run.

Appreciate the quick response and help! -jhf

Hi AastaLLL

Just found it…And it works…

Thanks for the guide. But how do I then run f.ex. OceanFFT? On my tx2 there was an application…

Cheers,

Sojohan