No graphcut routine in NPP for Toolkit 8 - leading to OpenCV compilation problems for certain modu.....

I am just trying to compile OpenCV 3.1 for Cuda Toolkit 8 (final release). It looks like that in the ‘NPP’ library the ‘graphcut’ routine has disappeared - at least I cannot find it in the NPP header files. I think the routine was announced as deprecated in a prior toolkit.

The problem is now that I cannot compile the ‘opencv_cudalegacy’ module (which contains useful stuff like CUDA Brox optical flow, object detection with haar features, etc.). Even if I uncomment the OpenCV graphcut implementation (which is a wrapper around the NPP graphcut), that means I have to disable also one class (GraphCutSeamFinderGpu) from the OpenCV ‘stitching’ module for photo stitching, which might lead to further ‘ripple’ effects and more changes…

Just wondering myself how to proceed now best. It would be nice if the code for the ‘deceased’ NPP graphcut routine could be released (assuming it is isolated from the rest of the NPP library) by the NPP team under a reasonable opensource license (BSD or so) so that one could build all modules in OpenCV also with Cuda toolkit 8 …