No option of RL examples in isaac examples

We cannot find the option of RL examples in the extention workflow as shown in 9.3. Extension Workflow for RL — Omniverse IsaacSim latest documentation (nvidia.com). We made sure that we have the right version of 2023.1.0 and we also reinstalled isaac sim twice but it did not work.

The mark down does not have the RL example option.

@cwangusc i am just another user, but can you elaborate whether you are launching Isaac Sim with the correct command line argument as specified in section 9.3.2?

https://docs.omniverse.nvidia.com/isaacsim/latest/isaac_gym_tutorials/tutorial_gym_extension_workflow.html#launching-isaac-sim

Hi, thanks for your help. We followed your suggestion but RL example is still missing

1 Like

hmm, can you confirm if you’ve already cloned the OIGE from the main branch to local? GitHub - NVIDIA-Omniverse/OmniIsaacGymEnvs: Reinforcement Learning Environments for Omniverse Isaac Gym

if not, you may need to revisit chapter 9.1 and 9.2 that outlined the steps. potentially there’s a step that was missed?

I have a similar problem when I run:
(base) isaac@isaac-Lenovo-Legion-7-15IMH05:~/.local/share/ov/pkg/isaac_sim-2023.1.0$ ./isaac-sim.gym.sh --ext folder /home/isaac/OmniIsaacGymEnvs/config --enable omniisaacgymenvs

Hi, did u solve the problem?

I couldn’t make a new post in this forum.

can you show your command argument used in your terminal? i suspect it’s because it wasn’t set as the parent directory of OIGE extension per 9.3. Extension Workflow for RL — Omniverse IsaacSim latest documentation

Hi,
I had the same issue, that “Isaac Examples” is not shown in the Toolbar. But after reinstalling the Python Environment, it showed up.

I have used the following command from the OmniIsaacGymEnvs Path:

PYTHON_PATH -m pip install -e . --force-reinstall

This is how I start issac-sim.gym in the Console (on Windows).
…\isaac_sim-2023.1.0-hotfix.1>isaac-sim.gym.bat --ext-folder E:\projects

But now I get the following error, if I try to load the CartPole Environment.

A reinstallation of Isaac Sim fixed the issue!