not mach-o or bitcode

Hello to everybody. I am new to CUDA and I wanted to check out if can run some simple example

I run OS X 10.6.4 on MBP with the 320M
I installed
cudadriver_3.1.10_macos.dmg
cudatoolkit_3.1_macos.pkg
gpucomputingsdk_3.1_macos.pkg

And I tried to make the examples on
/Developer/GPU Computing/C

First I got errors like
ld: in …/…/lib/libcutil_i386.a, archive has no table of contents
I fixed this with ranlib on the .a files.

Now I am stuck with
ld: in …/…/lib/libcutil_i386.a(889352), archive member ‘889352’ with length 0 is not mach-o or bitcode
And I do not have any idea how to fix it. Google seems empty as well.
Do you have anything to suggest?
Thanks a lot
Roberto

Did you set up environment variables as described on page 10 of the Getting Started… guide? (This guide is available at http://developer.download.nvidia.com/compu…rtedMacOS.pdf.) I’m copying the relevant lines here:

[indent]Define the environment variables.

● The PATH variable needs to include /usr/local/cuda/bin.

● DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH needs to contain /usr/local/cuda/lib.

The typical way to place these values in your environment is with the following commands:

export PATH=/usr/local/cuda/bin:$PATH

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/cuda/lib:$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH[/indent]

Hello, thanks a lot for the message.

Yes I have these folder in my path and in my dynamic libs path

~>echo $PATH

/Users/roberto/root/bin:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin/:/opt/local/bin:/sw/bin/:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/texbin:/usr/X11/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin/:/usr/local/bin/:/Users/roberto/humanroot/:/Users/roberto/root/bin:/Applications:/opt/local/bin/:/Users/roberto/humanroot/utils/lhetools/:/Users/roberto/bin/:/usr/local/cuda/bin

[Sat Jul 24 00:18] roberto@robertos-MacBook-Pro.local:/~

~>echo $DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

/Users/roberto/root/lib::/Users/roberto/root/lib:/usr/local/cuda/lib

Honestly I am rather disappointed that the examples are not compiling … I think I did everything according to the instructions. Maybe I missed some step in my installation, can someone point some installation guide more detailed than that PDF? I was following exactly that document :(

Ciao

Roberto

It seems as though your library utilities are not behaving the way NVCC expects. Are you using the standard gcc toolchain that comes with Snow Leopard? Or have you installed a variant?

Ken