(The original post is at Now Available: NVIDIA DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit with DRIVE OS 6 | NVIDIA Technical Blog)
Autonomous vehicle developers now have access to flexible, scalable, and high-performance hardware and software to build the next generation of safer, more efficient transportation.
NVIDIA DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit is now available for general access. Powered by a single Orin system-on-a-chip (SoC), the AI compute platform includes the hardware, software, and sample applications needed to develop production-level autonomous vehicles. It’s also modular, sharing the same design as NVIDIA Jetson, NVIDIA Isaac, and NVIDIA Clara AGX platforms.
With a rich automotive I/O, you have the flexibility to expand and iterate upon your autonomous driving solutions. DRIVE AGX Orin includes a base kit for bench development and an add-on vehicle kit for vehicle installation. The platform also has a smaller footprint than previous generations, with system and accessories included in a single box.
Additionally, NVIDIA DRIVE OS 6 is now available on the NVIDIA DRIVE Developer Download page, providing the latest operating system purpose-built for autonomous vehicles.
DRIVE OS 6.0 provides the following benefits:
- Development for NVIDIA DRIVE AGX Orin, the advanced, software-defined platform for autonomous vehicles
- Production support with DRIVE OS QNX for Safety or DRIVE OS Linux with Safety Extensions
- Comprehensive security model:
- PKCS #11
- Secure Boot
- DRIVE Orin Platform Security Controller (PSC)
- Public-Key-Cryptography (PKC) algorithms
- Functional Safety Island (FSI)
- High-performance compute acceleration engines, including CUDA, TensorRT, NvMedia, and NvStreams
- Ability to develop natively on Ubuntu 20.04 Host or with Docker containers on Ubuntu 20.04 or 18.04 Host
- A broad ecosystem of industry partners and experience
For more information, see the NVIDIA DRIVE OS product page.