I have a problems with a Nsight 5.0.
“Graphics debugging” works almost never. It’s runs only ~1 of 10 launches of application. Usually the app launches without Nsight overlay, and “Pause and Capture” not available. So I killing Nsight monitor and relaunch it again, usually on ~10 time it finally works. But it also shows error like a “Nsight required OpenGL 3.3 for work. Current version: (unavailable)” before create the window with a FrameDebugger.
“Performance analysis” (OpenGL trace) absolutely doesn’t work. Usually it crashes with “save minidump” dialog. In other cases it launch, but when I press “Stop” in “Capture Control” it creates an empty report.
- I have the last Nvidia drivers (358.87) for GeForce GTX 660.
- It’s a default desktop PC without any Optimus/Hybrid graphics features.
- Windows 7 x64, Visual Studio 2013, the app is also x64.
- app uses OpenGL 4.2
- Nsight 4.7 works perfect on that PC
- I already tried “full/fresh reinstallation” for Nsight and Nvidia Drivers
- I have 3 GPU in that PC: Intel IGPU, Nvidia GTX 660 and Radeon HD 5700. I tried disable ATI and Intel, but that doesn’t helps
I can send minidupms and DxDiag logs in PM.