Nsight 5.1 RC1 Profiler Perf Markers is broken

There is a very valuable feature the seems to be broken.

When trying to do a specific profile for a performance marker using “Select Draw Call Performance Markers”, the result gives only 1 drawcall with weird stats.

I’ve seen the bug capturing our game using unreal 4 version 4,10 and 4,11

In the meantime we’ve rolled back to Nsight version 5.

I hope this will be fixed in the next release!

Hi fpageau,

Sorry that I don’t understand your bug very much, could you describe the steps to reproduce the bug in detail [with image would be greate] and share with us?

Thanks
An

Here is a screenshot of what I should get (with 5.0 at least). With 5.1 I get 1 draw per perf markers and o value for the other columns

External Media

Hi fpageau,

I am not sure about your 5.1 RC1’s real version, but there will be a new profiler page named ‘Range Profiler’ to replace the ‘Frame Profiler’ page, in the new page, you doesn’t need to worry about ‘Select Draw Call Performance Markers’. It will be in the coming release of 5.1.

Thanks
An

The version is 5.1 RC1 or 5.1.0.16062. I experience the same problem.

unfortunately i cannot post images yet. but to describe this again: if i select a performance marker in the draw call groups pane, nsight shows a single, seemingly random draw call that is not part of that performance marker.

AYan, since RC1 seems to be the final 5.1 release, when is that “range profiler” coming?

Hi karyon,

It’s hard for me to tell, but we are working on this.

Thanks
An