nvcamerasrc - read out gain values in auto mode

Hi,

I´d like to read out the white balance gains of nvcamerasrc when wbMode=GST_NVCAM_WB_MODE_AUTO. I have a small c++ application that launches a GStreamer Pipeline with an nvcamerasrc for this.

I can change the wbMode property to GST_NVCAM_WB_MODE_MANUAL and then the wbManualMode property to GST_NVCAM_WB_MANUAL_EXTGAINS, then set the external gains and read out the values I set before with

GArray* wbGainVector = g_array_new(FALSE, FALSE, sizeof(gfloat));

g_object_get(nvcam
                                , "wbGains"
                                , &wbGainVector 
                                , NULL
                                );

This is working as expected. What I would like to do is set the wbMode to auto and then read out the auto calibrated values. But I cannot use g_object_get(…) as described above for this. How can I obtain the auto calibrated values from nvcamerasrc?

I am using L4T 28.2.1 on Jetson tx2 with Jetpack 3.3 - and the IMX577 CSI camera from Leopard Imaging.

Thank you.

@marvitx
Could you have a check if nvgstcapture-1.0 can do what you want?
If not then that could be not support for your request.

Hi ShaneCCC,

I tried to use nvgstacputure-1.0 but it doesn´t offer the desired feature either. I had a look at the argus mm api and found a property awblock, which is unfortunately not exposed by nvcamerasrc.

I checked the forum and there has been another user you provided with a modified binary that exposes the feature. I have basically the same problem as the other user.

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1030007/jetson-tx1/nvcamerasrc-wbmode-off-setting-not-working-properly/

I tried to use binary that you provided there but my gstreamer pipeline doesn´t get to playing state with it. Could you please provide a version for my board configuration as well?

→ L4T 28.2.1 on Jetson tx2 with Jetpack 3.3 ( IMX577 CSI camera from Leopard Imaging).

Thank you!

Hi ShaneCCC,

Please don´t forget to let me know if you could provide us a modified binary for nvcamerasrc that fits our needs.

Thanks!

Have a try this lib.
libgstnvcamera.so.txt (111 KB)

Thank you! It´s working :)