Nvdsanalytics overlay info

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) Jetson Nano
• DeepStream Version DeepStream 5.0.1 for Jetson
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only) https://developer.nvidia.com/jetpack-sdk-441-archive
• TensorRT Version TensorRT 7.1.3

Hi,
When I run the deepstream-nvdsanalytics-test sample app I notice that on detected vehicles a direction gets added to the bounding box overlay. For example it says “Vehicle 123131234 DIR: North” or if the vehicle stops it says “Vehicle 123131234 STOPPED”. If I try to recreate that same setup with the deepstream-app the “DIR: North/South” or STOPPED text does not get added to the overlay. How do I enable that?

deepstream-nvdsanalytics-test
STOPPED

DIR:North

deepstream-app
No DIR: or STOPPED

Thanks,
JN

Hi,
I try to repro your issue by below command, but can not, you should make some changes based on deepstream-app, right? can you share for a local repro?
sudo gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location= /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-5.0/samples/streams/sample_1080p_h264.mp4 ! qtdemux ! h264parse ! nvv4l2decoder ! m.sink_0 nvstreammux name=m width=1920 height=1080 batch-size=1 ! nvinfer config-file-path= nvdsanalytics_pgie_config.txt ! nvtracker ll-lib-file = /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream/lib/libnvds_nvdcf.so ll-config-file= /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-5.0/samples/configs/tracker_config.yml tracker-width=640 tracker-height=384 ! nvdsanalytics config-file= config_nvdsanalytics.txt ! nvmultistreamtiler ! nvvideoconvert ! nvdsosd ! nvegltransform ! nveglglessink

Hi,

You can reproduce my issue or observation by doing this.

cd /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream/sources/apps/sample_apps/deepstream-nvdsanalytics-test
make -f Makefile.ds
./deepstream-app -c issue.conf

issue.conf (5.1 KB)

I was expecting the deepstream-nvdsanalytics-test app, the gst-launch pipeline and the deepstream-app to give the same visual results with the same configuration but deepstream-app seems to give a different result. I would love to know why it’s doing that and how to make it output the same overlay info as the other two methods.

Thank You,
JN

We will look into this. thanks.

For simplicity’s purpose, the deepstream-app displays lesser overlay info about the detected objects i.e. the application-specific metadata is removed from obj->text_params.display_text parameter which contains the text to be displayed.
So if you want to access the info such as the direction you have to make changes accordingly in obj->text_params.display_text parameter present in process_meta() of deepstream_app.c file
or you can disable process_meta () if you want to display as expected in the nvdsanalytics test app or pipeline.

Thank you for clarifying.