NVIDIA 470.82 locks up on suspend

I have an Dell PowerEdge R840 with ubuntu-drivers recommended nvidia-driver-470 installed. The server appears to be locking up when the system goes to suspend. I tried following the guide (linked below) but it doesnt resolve the issue:

I’m attaching the :
/usr/bin/nvidia-bug-report.sh

What else can I try? Thanks!

nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (859.8 KB)
ddcutil-interrogate (372.0 KB)

Try the commands below. In my OS had issues when resuming from stand by. The commands below has fixed the issue.

First disable NVIDIA systemd services

sudo systemctl stop nvidia-suspend.service
sudo systemctl stop nvidia-hibernate.service
sudo systemctl stop nvidia-resume.service

Now disable services

sudo systemctl disable nvidia-suspend.service
sudo systemctl disable nvidia-hibernate.service
sudo systemctl disable nvidia-resume.service

Remove NVIDIA systemd script

sudo rm /lib/systemd/system-sleep/nvidia

Restart OS and see if the issue is fixed.

Thanks for the suggestion. I saw that in a previous post of the forum and had previously tried it in the previously attached nvidia-bug-report.log.gz since it was marked as a solution. Let me know if I can try something else, thanks.

Only current solution is to disable systemd’s management of suspend/hibernate/resume. This is a bit of band aid until nvidia addresses the issue…

$ sudo systemctl status sleep.target suspend.target hibernate.target hybrid-sleep.target
● sleep.target - Sleep
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/sleep.target; static; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: inactive (dead)
Docs: man:systemd.special(7)

● suspend.target - Suspend
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/suspend.target; static; vendor preset: enabled)

● hibernate.target - Hibernate
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/hibernate.target; static; vendor preset: enabled)

● hybrid-sleep.target - Hybrid Suspend+Hibernate
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/hybrid-sleep.target; static; vendor preset: enabled)

$ sudo systemctl mask sleep.target suspend.target hibernate.target hybrid-sleep.target

$ sudo systemctl status sleep.target suspend.target hibernate.target hybrid-sleep.target
● sleep.target
Loaded: masked (Reason: Unit sleep.target is masked.)

● suspend.target
Loaded: masked (Reason: Unit suspend.target is masked.)

● hibernate.target
Loaded: masked (Reason: Unit hibernate.target is masked.)

● hybrid-sleep.target
Loaded: masked (Reason: Unit hybrid-sleep.target is masked.)

Reboot the server

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.