GPU Stopped Working Suddenly

Recently after typing ‘nvidia-smi’ into my terminal I receive ‘NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn’t communicate with the NVIDIA driver. Make sure that the latest NVIDIA driver is installed and running’.

From looking at the log files I did notice the following

/bin/systemctl status nvidia-suspend.service nvidia-hibernate.service nvidia-resume.service         
     ● nvidia-suspend.service - NVIDIA system suspend actions                                            
      Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/nvidia-suspend.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)    
      Active: inactive (dead)                                                                                                                                                              

● nvidia-hibernate.service - NVIDIA system hibernate actions                                        
       Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/nvidia-hibernate.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)  

● nvidia-resume.service - NVIDIA system resume actions                                              
        Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/nvidia-resume.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)     

I attempted to fix this with a few solutions I found online, but didn’t have much luck. I am currently thinking of purging the current drivers and installing the 510 drivers (currently using 470). However, I just wanted to check that this would make sense and this issue isn’t something else.
nvidia-bug-report.log (1.1 MB)

There’s no kernel driver installed for the kernel you booted. Hos did you install the nvidia driver? Please make sure you booted to the latest one installed and not some older one.