NVIDIA AGX Xavier hardware does not support 1080i image format, is there any other conversion method?

Hi,
We use AGX Xavier for image codec processing. The input video hardware interface is SDI, and the image format needs to support 1080I. The hardware architecture diagram is as follows.What can I do about it?
AGX Xavier Arch

Best Regards!
Lifeng Qin

Hi,
On Jetson platforms, one possible solution is to capture frame data into CUDA buffer and implement de-interlacing function through CUDA. We would suggest use jetson_multimedia_api for this use-case. For capture frame data through v4l2, please take a look at

/usr/src/jetson_multimedia_api/samples/v4l2cuda

Thanks! We use nvv4l2camerasrc, but when the input is interlace, nvv4l2camerasrc’s Interlace-mode is set to Interlaced and progressive will report an error and the input data will not be available.

Hi,
This is expexted since interlace capture is not fully supported in nvv4l2camerasrc plugin. We would suggest use progressive v4l2 source.

Hi, Dane:
Our HDMI input is Interlaced format, can nvv4l2camerasrc support video like capture or not. If not, what should I do? What is missing?

Lifeng

Hi,
For using gstreamer, you may try software plugins such as v4l2src, deinterlace. To use the plugins for capture + deinterlace.

Hi, Dane:
We tested it with v4l2src and initially set the camera to 1080p, and the image worked. Later, the image is adjusted to 1080i, and the instruction adds deinterlace software plug-in, and the image display is green screen. The instructions are as follows:

gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=“/dev/video0” ! “video/x-raw, width=1920, height=1080, format=(string)UYVY, framerate=60/1, interlace-mode=(string)interlaced” ! deinterlace ! xvimagesink

Please refer to the attachment log.txt for the printed debug information. I wonder if there is anything else that needs to be set.

Best Regards.
Lifeng Qin

log.txt (4.5 MB)

Hi,
Please try v4l2-ctl command. If you are able good frame data in v4l2-ctl command, ideally it should work fine in gstreamer command.

Hi,Dane:
We used v4l2-ctl to test the same command, the camera set to 1080p can capture data, but the camera set to 1080i can not capture data, the Flags line has error.
Instruction is as follows:
v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video0 --stream-mmap=3 --stream-count=100 --stream-to=test.raw --verbose

The result for 1080i is as follows:
VIDIOC_QUERYCAP: ok
VIDIOC_REQBUFS: ok
VIDIOC_QUERYBUF: ok
VIDIOC_QBUF: ok
VIDIOC_STREAMON: ok
Index : 1
Type : Video Capture
Flags : mapped, error
Field : None
Sequence : 1
Length : 16588800
Bytesused: 16588800
Timestamp: 0.000000s (Monotonic, End-of-Frame)

Index : 1
Sequence : 0

Index : 2
Sequence : 2

Best Regards.
Lifeng Qin

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

@qinlifeng
Sorry to tell Xavier/Xavier NX don’t support interlace capture.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.