Nvidia-settings assignment doesn't stick via CLI

In trying to set clock rate adjustments using nvidia-settings I find that I’m only able to through the nvidia-settings GUI and not via nvidia-settings -a through the command line. The command appears to succeed but subsequent queries (and the GUI) show that no changes were made.

As an example, the GPUGraphicsClockOffset isn’t able to be set, it errors out, but using GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3] (found online) it does succeed in assigning but the value is not set on subsequent queries.

As an example:

[root@m2 ~]# nvidia-settings -a [gpu:0]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset=-400

ERROR: Error assigning value -400 to attribute 'GPUGraphicsClockOffset' (m2:0[gpu:0]) as specified in assignment '[gpu:0]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset=-400' (Unknown Error).

[root@m2 ~]# nvidia-settings -a [gpu:0]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]=-400

Attribute 'GPUGraphicsClockOffset' (m2:0[gpu:0]) assigned value -400.

[root@m2 ~]# nvidia-settings -q [gpu:0]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset

Attribute 'GPUGraphicsClockOffset' (m2:0[gpu:0]): -500.
    The valid values for 'GPUGraphicsClockOffset' are in the range -1000 - 1000 (inclusive).
    'GPUGraphicsClockOffset' can use the following target types: X Screen, GPU.

Is there a way to set over/under clock settings via nvidia-settings without using the GUI? Using nvidia-settings-3:460.27.04-1.el8.x86_64 and a 3060Ti GPU. Thanks!

I didn’t look hard enough, it appears a different attribute for all Performance levels should be used based on [390.x] Unable to modify GPUMemoryTransferRateOffset and GPUGraphicsClockOffset via nvidia-settings ...

nvidia-settings -a [gpu:0]/GPUMemoryTransferRateOffsetAllPerformanceLevels=MEMRATE -a [gpu:0]/GPUGraphicsClockOffsetAllPerformanceLevels=CLOCKOFFSET

With CLOCKOFFSET of -400:

[root@m2 ~]# nvidia-settings -q [gpu:0]/GPUGraphicsClockOffsetAllPerformanceLevels

Attribute 'GPUGraphicsClockOffsetAllPerformanceLevels' (m2:0[gpu:0]): -400.
    The valid values for 'GPUGraphicsClockOffsetAllPerformanceLevels' are in the range -1000 - 1000 (inclusive).
    'GPUGraphicsClockOffsetAllPerformanceLevels' can use the following target types: X Screen, GPU.