NVS 3100M Graphic Display corruption after swapping between Console and X (1.14.5) v 319.76

I am experiencing display corruption when I switch from X to the console and back again. I am running Debain testing (Jessie) with the latest updates. Links to screencaps and the debug file are below. Current Versions are:

Linux hal9000 3.12-1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.12.6-2 (2013-12-29) x86_64 GNU/Linux
mpyusko@hal9000:/$ glxinfo |grep -i version
server glx version string: 1.4
client glx version string: 1.4
GLX version: 1.4
OpenGL core profile version string: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 319.76
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
OpenGL version string: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 319.76
OpenGL shading language version string: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
mpyusko@hal9000:/$
X.Org X Server 1.14.5
Release Date: 2013-12-12
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
Build Operating System: Linux 3.13.0-rc2-patser+ x86_64 Debian
Current Operating System: Linux hal9000 3.12-1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.12.6-2 (2013-12-29) x86_64
Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-3.12-1-amd64 root=UUID=e3d01f29-d72c-43bf-8798-f0dddb05aee2 ro quiet
Build Date: 13 December 2013  10:12:53AM
xorg-server 2:1.14.5-1 (Maarten Lankhorst <maarten.lankhorst@ubuntu.com>) 
Current version of pixman: 0.32.4
        Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
        to make sure that you have the latest version.

nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (64.4 KB)

I also experience this problem returning from hibernation, or even if my screen-locker sits too long. It is very reproducible and I need to restart X every time it happens or logout when I walk away and then log back in when I come back. It seems when I restart the display driver the problem goes away until I either switch to a text console or the other conditions I mentioned.

Please help.

I am still having issues. I have tried purging the driver and reinstalling it. I am limited to 319.76 in the Debian Jessie/testing repository. I just went again and purged all Nvidia drivers and I am trying to install 331.38 which I downloaded using the sticky’s link. The installation program runs but it fails compiling for DKMS and no nvidia drivers are found after installation.

root@hal9000:~# cat /var/log/nvidia*
nvidia-installer log file '/var/log/nvidia-installer.log'
creation time: Wed Feb  5 07:50:56 2014
installer version: 331.38

PATH: /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin

nvidia-installer command line:
    ./nvidia-installer

Using: nvidia-installer ncurses user interface
-> License accepted.
-> Installing NVIDIA driver version 331.38.
-> There appears to already be a driver installed on your system (version: 331.38).  As part of installing this driver (version: 331.38), the existing driver will be uninstalled.  Are you sure you want to continue? ('no' will abort installation) (Answer: Yes)
-> Would you like to register the kernel module sources with DKMS? This will allow DKMS to automatically build a new module, if you install a different kernel later. (Answer: Yes)
-> Installing both new and classic TLS OpenGL libraries.
-> Installing both new and classic TLS 32bit OpenGL libraries.
-> Install NVIDIA's 32-bit compatibility libraries? (Answer: Yes)
-> Parsing log file:
-> done.
-> Validating previous installation:
-> done.
-> Uninstalling NVIDIA Accelerated Graphics Driver for Linux-x86_64 (1.0-33138 (331.38)):
-> DKMS module detected; removing...
-> Unable to delete directories created by previous installation.
-> done.
-> Uninstallation of existing driver: NVIDIA Accelerated Graphics Driver for Linux-x86_64 (331.38) is complete.
-> Skipping installation of the libvdpau wrapper library.
-> Searching for conflicting X files:
-> done.
-> Searching for conflicting OpenGL files:
-> done.
-> Searching for conflicting compat32 files:
-> done.
-> Installing 'NVIDIA Accelerated Graphics Driver for Linux-x86_64' (331.38):
   executing: '/sbin/ldconfig'...
   executing: '/sbin/depmod -aq'...
-> done.
-> Driver file installation is complete.
-> Installing DKMS kernel module:
ERROR: Failed to run `/usr/sbin/dkms build -m nvidia -v 331.38 -k 3.12-1-amd64`:
Kernel preparation unnecessary for this kernel.  Skipping...

Building module:
cleaning build area....
make KERNELRELEASE=3.12-1-amd64 module KERNEL_UNAME=3.12-1-amd64; make -C uvm module KERNEL_UNAME=3.12-1-amd64 KBUILD_EXTMOD=/var/lib/dkms/nvidia/331.38/build/uvm............(bad exit status: 2)
Error! Bad return status for module build on kernel: 3.12-1-amd64 (x86_64)
Consult /var/lib/dkms/nvidia/331.38/build/make.log for more information.
-> error.
ERROR: Failed to install the kernel module through DKMS. No kernel module was installed; please try installing again without DKMS, or check the DKMS logs for more information.
ERROR: Installation has failed.  Please see the file '/var/log/nvidia-installer.log' for details.  You may find suggestions on fixing installation problems in the README available on the Linux driver download page at www.nvidia.com.
root@hal9000:~#

Searching around for instructions or troubleshooting only tells me how to install the proprietary driver from the repository. I cannot find anything on how to install the downloaded proprietary driver in Debian.

Please help. It gets very annoying to restart X every time I close my lid, swap to a console or the screen locker turns off the display.
Thanks.

I just updated to the 331.38 driver and the problem still remains. REALLY irritating. Think about how often your display goes black, or every time to ctrl+alt+Fn to a console… I have to restart X every time. I might as well logout and log back in every time I want to step away from my computer, close the lid or use the console. I feel like I’m using Windows 3.0 here… or worse Dosshell (remember those days?)