NVTX display problem

Hello ! I introduced nvtx python package when I profiled my program using Nsight System so as to get performance breakdown. However, as show below, only can I found nvtx range marker in CPU thread. I found no nvtx range marker in CUDA HW but sometimes I could (in which single thread case). Would you have some suggestions for me ?

ours.nsys-rep (1.3 MB)
origin.nsys-rep (2.8 MB)

solved 。。。

Glad the issue is solved.
FYI, Nsight Systems also provides the ability to dynamically nvtx-annotate Python functions.
User Guide — nsight-systems 2023.4.1 documentation (nvidia.com)

Hello, I have the same problem. Can you help me to fingure it out?

I use nsys profile -s none -t cuda,nvtx,osrt,cudnn,cublas --capture-range=cudaProfilerApi bash myprogress to get profile file in a ubuntu GPU server.
Then I download the .qdrep file to my macbook and open it with NVIDIA Nsight systems version:2023.3.1.92

Sometimes there is no nvtx under CUDA HW.
But sometions there is.

The two results are run under the same enviroment and with same code.
The only difference is that I add more nvtx.range in the first one.
I try to upgrade nsys from NVIDIA Nsight Systems version 2020.3.4.32-52657a0 to NVIDIA Nsight Systems version 2022.4.2.1-df9881f. But it does not work.

I find that clicking stream under CUDA HW and then choosing Show in Events View can get events with nvtx annotations. But this is not convenient.

How can I open the NVTX under CUDA HW.

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Thanks.

Worth trying to see if the issue persists with the latest Nsight Systems (2023.4.1) on your mac and the target.
@hwilper, anything to add?

1 Like

I would definitely suggest updating the Nsys version.

The other odd thing I might suggest is to run the analysis without osrt option. We have/had some bugs recently with weird interactions between OSRT collections and the Mac GUI.

1 Like

Thank you all.
I solved this by upgrading Nsight system on my mac and ubuntu server to 2023.4.1 and removing osrtoption.