On Jetson platforms where a particular hardware codec is not supported (for example, vp8 on AGX Orin), the associated plugin is still resolvable using
gst-inspect-1.0; this breaks other plugins which attempt to resolve the appropriate encoder for a codec.
Specifically, when a plugin attempts to resolve vp8 encoder on Jetson AGX Orin, it should find one of the available CPU encoder implementations, but instead it often resolves to
nvv4l2vp8enc (which loads, but is unable to encode).
My solution so far has been to rebuild the
gst-nvvideo4linux2 plugins from the available sources, modifying them to exclude particular plugins on particular platforms. (I can’t just use GST_PLUGIN_PATH because all of the nvv4l2* plugins are built in the same shared lib). Is there an easier way these can be specifically excluded–maybe by some environment variable or flag or configuration option?
• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU)
• DeepStream Version: As provided in
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only): 5.0.2
• TensorRT Version
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)
• Requirement details( This is for new requirement. Including the module name-for which plugin or for which sample application, the function description)