Order to take courses for new user

Hello,
I am brand new to “development” per se, but I have a basic understanding of Python and I am a full time Linux user. I have spent my free time for the last 2 months learning the fundamental skills I need to develop robotics. I’m green as they come though when it comes to using this platform. My intent is to use the Jetson Orin Nano Developer Kit to continue my learning and eventually use the kit to develop robotics and enhance my life through AI.

My question is this: What order should I take the Jetson AI Fundamentals Course? When I follow the outline, I am directed to NVIDIA Deep Learning Institute’s Getting Started with AI on Jetson Nano course . I don’t want to waste my time going through a course that is not designed for my device if it isn’t compatible with the Jetson Orin Nano. Is the Orin Nano compatible with this course? If this is the way the course is designed, that’s cool, but please stop me if I’m wasting my time.

Thanks,
Rook

Hi @Old_Rook, the ‘Getting Started With Jetson Nano’ DLI course was primarily intended for the original Jetson Nano and only has officially containers available for JetPack 4 (whereas Orin Nano runs JetPack 5). What I would recommend is starting with the Hello AI World tutorial, which does support Orin Nano and JetPack 5.

That said, if you are interested in the Nano DLI course, you can get the notebooks from a mirror like here, and run them in a container like l4t-ml which already has JupyterLab & PyTorch pre-installed and is available for JetPack 5.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.