Orin AGX UDP packet loss

Hello everyone, I recently conducted a network load test using Two Orin AGX units that were connected directly using cat7 Cable . i measured the Bitrate and packet loss using iperf3.

Sender Info:

• AGX Orin 32GB
  • JetPack 5.0.2-b231
  • Desktop manager (XORG) removed. [Off]
  • iperf3 -s

Receiver Info:
-AGX Orin 64GB
-Jetpack 5.1-b147

• FOR UDP: iperf3 -c -u -b0
  • FOR TCP: iperf3 -c

First Bitrate was low (6Gbit/s). so i rased the MTU to 9000 on both units. and turn off the desktop manager( only sender side).

i got bitrate around 9Gbit/s with TCP and UDP.

But in UDP i get packet loss. around 5%.

it seems the above 1Gbit/s UDP return packet loss.

i even ran ‘dry run’, where one unit using iper3 for both server-reciver. even then i got packed loss.

What can couse the packet loss??
Can you please offer any insights or solutions that could help me resolve this issue?

Thank you very much.

Hello,

Welcome to the forums! This topic belongs in the Jetson category, I will move it over for you.

Cheers,
Tom

Sorry for the late response, have you managed to get issue resolved or still need the support? Thanks

If you look at ifconfig (or sometimes on newer releases, ip -s addr) you will find the local IP address for the wired ethernet (I am assuming this is the integrated wired ethernet, correct me if wrong). There is also the loopback address, 127.0.0.1. I’ll pretend that the local address of the ethernet you are looking at has address 192.168.0.2, but adjust for what the case really is. Does packet loss change between testing against 192.168.0.2 and 127.0.0.1?

Note that 127.0.0.1 does not associate a PHY, and although 192.168.0.2 is “sort of” lookback, that it does associate with the hardware. I’m curious if associating with the PHY changes anything.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.