OTA Updates on AGX Industrial model?

I was attempting to test OTA updates (using A/B partition redundancy) on an industrial model. The build_base_recovery_image.sh script failed with a helpful warning that my board model (JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_INDUSTRIAL) was not compatible with my base version (R32-6). I just wanted to see if that is true or if I am doing something wrong. If it is not supported, is that something that will be added in the future?

hello matt.hilt,

did you mean Root File System Redundancy?

BTW,
it’s JetPack-4.6 to include Jetson AGX Xavier industrial model supports.
since it’s already the latest release, what’s the actual use-case to have OTA update there.
could you please paste the full warning message for reference?
thanks

The use case is currently trying to test the process of building an OTA image, building out the server/client software to deliver it to our devices, and testing an actual update. The imagined use case past testing is delivering application + OS updates in a highly repeatable manner, even if those updates are using the same jetpack version. If this is not recommended for some reason, please let me know.

The xavier that I was testing with was originally flashed with the root file system redundancy, to answer your first question. It is my impression that this provides the most failsafe way to do the OTA updates in case something goes wrong during the process. Again, please correct me if I’m wrong here.

The actual error message is:

Target board(JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_INDUSTRIAL_MXN) and base version(R32_6) is not supported
Failed to run "ota_validate_params jetson-agx-xavier-industrial-mxn R32-6 internal ~/config_scripts/xavier_setup/agxi_v2/Linux_for_Tegra/tools/ota_tools/version_upgrade/ota_board_specs.conf BOARD_SPECS_ARRAY CHIPID"

The non-maxn version fails too:

Target board(JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_INDUSTRIAL) and base version(R32_6) is not supported
Failed to run "ota_validate_params jetson-agx-xavier-industrial R32-6 internal ~/config_scripts/xavier_setup/agxi_v2/Linux_for_Tegra/tools/ota_tools/version_upgrade/ota_board_specs.conf BOARD_SPECS_ARRAY CHIPID"

Both the ToT and Base images were both jetpack 4.6 with lightly modified root file systems.

hello matt.hilt,

FYI,
Jetson AGX Xavier Industrial does NOT support image-based OTA update in released 32.6.
there’s no near-term plans to have implementation, will update this thread if we have new status.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.