Problem about 'Assembler messages'

I have used PGI5.0 to run MM5 for a while, and it worked well before yesterday.
But now I get the error as follows:
/tmp/pgf90210Tyw.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/pgf90210Tyw.s:4: Warning: line numbers must be positive; line number 0 rejected
/tmp/pgf90210Tyw.s:4: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is 9' /tmp/pgf90Spn32G.s: Assembler messages: /tmp/pgf90Spn32G.s:4: Warning: line numbers must be positive; line number 0 rejected /tmp/pgf90Spn32G.s:4: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is 9’

I don’t know what the problem is and how to solve it, please give me some advice. Thank you very much!

Hi tutucz,

Assuming nothing has changed on your system since yesterday (like a new or upgraded OS, new binutils, etc), check your disk space on the partition that “/tmp” is on. It possible that only part of the assembly file is being written.

Also, try using the flag “-Mkeepasm” so that the assembler file is written in your build directory instead of “/tmp”.

• Mat

mkcolg,

Thank you very much.

The disk space is enough. I cleared all the files in ‘/tmp’, but it was of no use. Then someone suggested trying a higher edition of PGI, so I deleted 5.0 and installed 6.0, and it could work again.

But I’m afraid that it will have the same problem again someday. I’ll think over your advice. Thanks again. :)