Problem building samples in Visual Studio

I have just installed the CUDA Toolkit with Visual Studio integrations on a Windows 8 machine. When I try to compile the samples many of them fail with errors like

fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'helper_functions.h': No such file or directory

The problem seems to be that the current directory during a build is not the usual (ProjectDir) but instead is the user's Documents directory. Because many paths in the project properties are defined relative to (ProjectDir), they fail to get resolved.

Can anyone suggest how I can fix this?

[SOLVED] This turned out to be pretty obscure. I found the answer here.

For some reason my Windows command prompt (cmd dot exe) was set up so that it would start up in C:\Users\MyName\Documents. I think I did that in a moment of being a little too clever. Anyway, that added a registry entry that causes Visual Studio to switch to that directory during the build, overwriting the default location of $(ProjectDir).

To fix it, I deleted this registry entry:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor]
AutoRun=...

Hello,

I have a cuda code with “#include<cutil.h>” that I need to compile it in MEX file.

I installed cuda 6.5, cudatoolkit_4.0_Win_[64] and gpucomputingsdk_4.0_Win_[64]. To compile cutil library I needed Visual Studio 2008. After this the Mex function on Matlab doesn’t run I have this error: “No supported compiler or SDK was found”.

Knowing that with cuda6.5 and Visual Studio 2013 I run the mexGPUExample.cu.

I hope that someone can help me.
Thanks.

Mouna

Hello,

I have a cuda code with “#include<cutil.h>” that I need to compile it in MEX file.

I installed cuda 6.5, cudatoolkit_4.0_Win_[64] and gpucomputingsdk_4.0_Win_[64]. To compile cutil library I needed Visual Studio 2008. After this the Mex function on Matlab doesn’t run I have this error: “No supported compiler or SDK was found”.

Knowing that with cuda6.5 and Visual Studio 2013 I run the mexGPUExample.cu.

I hope that someone can help me.
Thanks.

Mouna