Problem intalling Compiler on Windows 8 in 64 bit machine

I have not been able to run my code from Wolfram Mathematica because an error stating that the CUDA NVCC does not recognized a C ++ compiler. I have install Visual Studio 11 and 12.

Anyone here with any experience ? Is there any other C++ compiler fro windows 8 compatible with CUDA?

You probably need to add the compiler CL.EXE from Visual Studio 2012 (not 2013, it is not compatible with CUDA 5.5 or 6) to your path. The correct error message might help as well if this is not the solution.

I believe the usual path for VS2012’s CL.exe is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\VC\bin

I thank you for taking the time to share your thought with me. Let me make sure that I follow you correctly. I removed VS2013 and have installed VS2012. Will this suffice automatic installation of the call LC.EXE ? Also, is there a CL for VS2010 or VS2008 that I may install parallel to what is so far already installed.?

It might not suffice. I don’t believe the path to the compiler gets added by default on installation.

Basically do this:

with the path to the directory where CL.EXE lives… which should be by default what I stated above, assuming an x64 Windows 8 system:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\VC\bin

If Mathematica still complains, please post the exact error… I haven’t tried to use CUDA from within Mathematica, but it would seem like it just doesn’t find the Visual C compiler from what you mentioned.

Perhaps this helps, assuming that’s what you’re using:
[url]https://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/CUDALink/tutorial/Setup.html[/url]