Problem with using Raspberry Pi V2 Camera

Im having trouble trying to use the Raspberry Pi V2 Camera with my Nano. I have connected the ribbon cable to the Nano but when I try to run the test for the camera feed:

$ gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc ! ‘video/x-raw(memory:NVMM),width=3820, height=2464, framerate=21/1, format=NV12’ ! nvvidconv flip-method=0 ! ‘video/x-raw,width=960, height=616’ ! nvvidconv ! nvegltransform ! nveglglessink -e

… I get the following error:

New clock: GstSystemClock
Error generated. /dvs/git/dirty/git-master_linux/multimedia/nvgstreamer/gst-nvarguscamera/gstnvarguscamerasrc.cpp, execute:532 No cameras available
Got EOS from element “pipeline0”.
Execution ended after 0:00:00.184149691

Does anyone have any ideas on why this could occur? From what I understand the camera should be able to plug and play with the above command. Are loose connections common?

Hi shossain, is your ribbon cable perhaps inserted backwards?

In my experience the blue/colored side of the ribbon cable (without the leads/pads) should be facing outwards, towards the edge of the board.

I also recommend to first try running the nvgstcapture-1.0 program to eliminate any possible issues with your own pipeline. I’m not sure that IMX219 sensor supports full-motion video at 3820x2464 resolution, only still frames. So in your own pipeline, you would probably want to try 1920x1080 resolution or 1280x720 at first, after you successfully are able to view the video stream from nvgstcapture program.