Pyrit and

Hello everybody,

I have read the topics concerning the problem try the proposed solutions but it’s not working…

Here is what I got :
running build
running build_ext
Skipping rebuild of Nvidia CUDA kernel …
Building modules…
building ‘cpyrit._cpyrit_cuda’ extension
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -I/usr/local/cuda/include -I/usr/include/python2.6 -c _cpyrit_cuda.c -o build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.6/_cpyrit_cuda.o -DVERSION=“0.3.0”
gcc -pthread -shared -Wl,-O1 -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.6/_cpyrit_cuda.o -lssl -lcuda -lz -o build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.6/cpyrit/_cpyrit_cuda.so
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcuda
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

So the problem is probably my installation of cuda, but I installed it in the default directory and checked my path and seems to have no problem.

I am working on ubuntu 10, geforce 9650mgt, cuda 3.0, drivers 195.

$PATH
bash: /home/mghilain/mozart/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/cuda/bin: No such file or directory
$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
bash: /usr/local/cuda/lib64:/usr/local/cuda/lib: No such file or directory

don’t understand why i get these no such file or directory, because they exist…

Thanks for answering

EDIT : wanted pyrit and lcuda as title but can’t edit it :(

Don’t use the drivers provided with ubuntu, download them from the nvidia site.
This thread might help.

N.

Hellow,

don’t think it’s the problem but will try ASAP. Why should it solve my problem of not finding -lcuda ?

Because libcuda.so is part of the driver package (not the cuda toolkit) and the drivers from the ubuntu repositories have different installation directories than the ones from nvidia’s site. I believe the libs reside in /usr/lib/nvidia-current or something like that for the drivers provided by ubuntu.

Edit: You should use ‘echo $PATH’ or ‘echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH’ to print out the respective environment variables.

N.