[Question] Pipeline stops when RTSP fails

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) GPU
• DeepStream Version 5.1
• TensorRT Version 7.2
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only) 460
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs) Question
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing) deepstream-nvdsanalytics
• Requirement details( This is for new requirement. Including the module name-for which plugin or for which sample application, the function description)

Hey,

I’m using a sample app as the base for my pipeline. When I use RTSP as input, the source fails to send some packages to my pipeline and it broke the entire pipeline.

I tried to debug but just realize that source fails to send packages and then stop.

There is any way to reconnect without stop the entire pipeline? In Python.

I did research around the Forum but no specific answer for this question.

The rtsp server does not support such connection. deepstream application is only a client.

No method to avoid this problem with python.

You are saying that even if my Camera implements RTSP protocol he is not intended to use it to feed deepstream apps?

Because everything works fine in the beginning, but after some time stream is lost, and the pipeline stops.

No. I mean deepstream app fail to access the camera content.
Your camera is RTSP server, deepstream application is rtsp client. The error log shows that the client can not parse the message send from the server. You need to check your server(the camera). Even everything works fine in the beginning, the message between client and server may fail in any time, and there may be many kinds of errors such as network problems,… Either you handle the error in proper place to control the pipeline, or you have to reconnect the pipeline from the beginning.