R32.3.1.tx2-4g nvoverlaysink overlay-y=360 just broke after sudo apt upgrade

nvoverlaysink is centering the image in the middle of my mipi dsi display, it is ignoring my overlay-y=360, this happened after a sudo apt upgrade I did today.

my gstreamer script was started out spamming me with [ 3278.915360] tegradc 15200000.nvdisplay: Vertical downscale ratio 9x greater than 2x
messages, I reworked the gstreamer script to get rid of the messages, but I can’t position my image on the screen where I need it.

Terry

Hi,
We have tried with HDMI TV and it works fine. Don’t have other users report similar issues. Could you try HDMI devices?

my system only has the MIPI DSI display,

Terry

How do I get this fixed, How do I debug this so you can fix it. I really need to be place the video using nvoverlaysink because it is the only sink that does not add control around the video.

Thanks,
Terry

Hi,
For using nvoverlaysink on TX2 we suggest disable X11. Please follow the steps in gstreamer user guide and try again.
https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide/accelerated_gstreamer.html#wwpID0E0UP0HA

we use qt and x11, on the mipi dsi display, so this suggestion does not work for me

When will nvoverlaysink which worked for a year perfectly and just changed recently be FIXED.

Terry

Hi,
You may try this:
Problem with nvoverlaysink on 3rd display, and with textoverlay - #7 by WayneWWW

But we still suggest disable X11.