Rendering issue with GBM/KMS/DRI on Jetson AGX Orin devkit

I am trying to use GBM/KMS/DRI for rendering, as Jet Pack 5.0.2 mentions that is has full GBM support. I did try kmscube from the mesa project as reference. I did load the drm nvidia driver with modesetting.

This is how it looks:

What needs to be done to get this working?

Hi,
Please help share the detailed steps and we will set up to reproduce the issue. And check with our teams.

git clone https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/kmscube.git
cd kmscube
meson build/
ninja -C build/
cd build
nvstart-weston.sh
killall weston
./kmscube

Hi,
We can observe the issue by following your steps. Will check with our graphics teams and update.

Hi,

is there any update on this?

Hi,
The issue is under investigation. Will update when there is any finding about it.

Hi,

is there any update on this?

Still experiencing totally broken GBM/KMS as well. Wayland refuses to fire up on r35.3.1 using anything close to the provided instructions, and forcing it to run similarly to on desktop results in artifacting, unusable framerates, and other crippling issues. Additionally, running a minigbm-based setup with a dummy driver ( makinbacon21/android_platform_external_minigbm: WIP minibgm fork adding support for Tegra >=234 via nvidia-drm driver (github.com) ) on top of a WIP LineageOS tree causes similar issues (see attached picture).

Issue is fixed, it should be included at the next JetPack 5.1.2 release. Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.