Running issue for nvgstiva-app

Hi everyone.

I met problem when I run nvgstiva-app on TX2.
sudo ./nvgstiva-app -c …/…/configs/PGIE-FP16-CarType-CarMake-CarColor.txt
**ERROR: <create_osd_bin:62>: Failed to create ‘nvosd0’
**ERROR: <create_osd_bin:100>: create_osd_bin failed
**ERROR: <create_processing_instance:926>: create_processing_instance failed
**ERROR: <create_pipeline:1062>: create_pipeline failed
**ERROR: main:384: Failed to create pipeline

First my environment is below.
HW: TX2
JetPack 4.2
DeepStream SDK version 1.5

I flashed image and hardly push jetson sdk componet to TX2.
Website said that DeepStream SDK version 1.5 is the latest supported version for Jetson TX1 and TX.
So I installed DeepStream SDK Ver 1.5 and build nvgstiva-app and build successful.
But when I run sample application, I got error messages…

What is my problem?
Please let me know what’s my problem.

Thanks!

Hi danielss1717,

The DeepStream SDK 1.5 is only for R28.2.1, that’s supported in JetPack3.2.1 and JetPack3.3, please refer to [url]https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1046293/jetson-tx2/makefile-deepstream-example-on-jetson-tx2/post/5309835/#5309835[/url].

We will be releasing new DeepStream SDK to support current R32.x BSP.

Thanks comment. But I am still confusing…
I will explain why I am confused.

To enable TX2 board and running Deep Stream SDK, I searched Nvidia sites.
There are many dependencies for running Deep Stream SDK. JetPack is comprehensive solution for these steps. (JetPack SDK | NVIDIA Developer)
Website said “JetPack 4.2 is the latest production release supporting Jetson AGX Xavier, Jetson TX2 series modules, and …”. So I installed JetPack 4.2 without a doubt.

After install JetPack 4.2, I tried to install DeepStream SDK version 1.5.
Website said, “DeepStream SDK version 1.5 is the latest supported version for Jetson TX1 and TX2.”
(https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/deepstream-on-jetson-downloads)

This is my current situation.

In conclusion Please let me know, whether my understanding is right…

1. If I want to use DeepStream SDK 1.5 in TX2, I need to newly install JetPack3.3 and use it.
  2. If I want to use DeepStream SDK 3.0 with JetPack4.2, I need to wait the release for R32.x BSP.

My understanding is correct?

1. If I want to use DeepStream SDK 1.5 in TX2, I need to newly install JetPack3.3 and use it.
    Yes
  1. If I want to use DeepStream SDK 3.0 with JetPack4.2, I need to wait the release for R32.x BSP.
    DeepStream SDK 3.0 is for Xavier only, there will be a new DeepStream SDK release to support this R32.x BSP.

Thanks