Sample build Error.

Hi All,

I am using a GeForce 1080 under WIN10 system.

I have install the Video SDK 8.2  and CUDA tool kit 9.2.

And I also changed the CUDA_VERSION in the pros file to 9.2.

But when I build AppDecodeD3D under windows visual studio 15.    The error shows up.

the output show  "nvcc  ...."  this command error.

In the readme, they said CUDA tool kit 8.0 is prefered.

My question is whether I must install CUDA tool kit 8.0

Add more information:

The Error shows following command has problem: return 1.

“C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v9.2\bin\nvcc.exe” -gencode=arch=compute_30,code="sm_30,compute_30" --use-local-env -Xcompiler /wd4819 -ccbin “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\bin” -x cu -I…..\External\FFmpeg\include -I…..\NvCodec -I"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v9.2\include" -I"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v9.2\include" -I"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v9.2\include" -I"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v9.2\include" -G --keep-dir E:\HOU\Video_Codec_SDK_8.2.16\Samples\Win32.Debug\AppDecD3D -maxrregcount=0 --machine 32 --compile -cudart static -g -DWIN32 -D_DEBUG -D_CONSOLE -D_LIB -D_CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS -D_MBCS -Xcompiler "/EHsc /W3 /nologo /Od /FdE:\HOU\Video_Codec_SDK_8.2.16\Samples\Win32.Debug\AppDecD3D\vc140.pdb /FS /Zi /RTC1 /MDd " -o E:\HOU\Video_Codec_SDK_8.2.16\Samples\Win32.Debug\AppDecD3D\ColorSpace.cu.obj “E:\HOU\Video_Codec_SDK_8.2.16\Samples\Utils\ColorSpace.cu”

Hi,

All the development and validation of SDK 8.2 has been done on Cuda SDK 8.0. We will move to a later Cuda version in our upcoming SDKs. Hence it is tough to predict the behavior if you use Cuda SDK 9.2 while working on Video Codec SDK 8.2.

Is there any specific reason why you want to run SDK8.2 on Cuda 9.2?

Thanks,
Ryan Park

Hi Rypark,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually I compiled succeed using Cuda Toolkit 10.0.

But it can't play H265 correctly. I will install Cuda Toolkit 8.0, and try again.

Another question the display driver version in Cuda Toolkit 8.0 is not satisfied with requirement of Video SDK 8.2. 

So I don't need to re-install the display driver, right?