Screen Tearing with nvidia driver 440.82 and geforce mx250 graphics card (Ubuntu 20.04)

I think i am experience some screen tearing on my Linux machine. I have reinstalled the NVIDIA drivers multiple times. I’ve also watched some videos on how to fix this problem but none of the settings in NVIDIA-settings are available to me
any help is appreciated

Please try kernel parameter
nvidia-drm.modeset=1

i have but no luck

Where do you experience screen tearing?

Where there is a sudden movement or flashing on my screen

Please run nvidia-bug-report.sh as root and attach the resulting nvidia-bug-report.log.gz file to your post. You will have to rename the file ending to something else since the forum software doesn’t accept .gz files (nifty!).

nvidia-bug-report.log (2.1 MB)
Here is the file. Extracted it

According to the logs, you’re running in render offload mode so everything is running on the intel gpu unless you specify explicitly to use the nvidia gpu. Do you have tearing in games with offloading?

currently, i switched to the NVIDIA on demand so the tearing would stop. should i switch back to the NVIDIA performance mode

Yes, at least to create a new nvidia-bug-report.log.

give me a minute

nvidia-bug-report.log (2.3 MB)

Ok.
randr: falling back to unsynchronized pixmap sharing
Please try installing the latest 440.82 driver from repo or graphics ppa
https://launchpad.net/~graphics-drivers/+archive/ubuntu/ppa

I’ve got the repo. what is the code to install it?

done it

Please create a new nvidia-bug-report.log with gpu switched to nvidia.

nvidia-bug-report.log (2.2 MB)

Thanks For the help @generix. I believe it has fixed itself

You previously had the 435 driver, now with 440.64, PRIME sync is working again.

hi generix. i just reinstalled Ubuntu 20.04 for some reasons. unfortunately, the screen tearing problem has surfaced again. could you help please nvidia-bug-report.log (1.0 MB) . that is the bug report for my computer.